Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new here for fuel tuner on my 21 grizzly 700 and like to know whats the best stock settings to kill the lean over heating stock settings ?

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,995 Posts
Your FI controller you bought from EJK is the exact same bullet box device (Dobeck) that is used by many companies, including EHS, there are just different front stickers on them. The tuner is able to increase fueling from the OEM mapping in the ECU. Realistically, settings used by others on different bullet boxes should work for you assuming you have the same mods or non-mods.

·
Registered
2019 700 SE Tac Black
105 Posts
These are the baseline settings for an ehs unit , for my 19my so the same as yours.
can’t confirm if Eric changes anything prior to supply other than specifically the green blue mode is for idle in the 19onwards model.
I would have thought that is something specific to the ehs one as in other models the green blue is not targeting idle fueling. 🤷🏼‍♂️

4FB0D109-E967-47F2-BEA4-443F0E65651E.png
1D9C7061-C75B-42C7-9D27-B51609E0C208.png
EBB4567F-F5B1-47E7-8D8F-7E52E4FA43E1.png
1AB77E31-C2E2-4DB0-85F1-12547FF381D9.png

·
Registered
838 Posts
These are the baseline settings for an ehs unit , for my 19my so the same as yours.
can’t confirm if Eric changes anything prior to supply other than specifically the green blue mode is for idle in the 19onwards model.
I would have thought that is something specific to the ehs one as in other models the green blue is not targeting idle fueling.

View attachment 100396 View attachment 100397 View attachment 100398 View attachment 100399
Green blue is idle fuel on all dobeck built controllers (ehs, ejk, rjwc, ect) for the 19+ bikes. They all have the warning about not using old controllers on new bikes and vice versa. The new 686 has a different fuel map than the 708, and different than the old 686. This is part of the reason they have more midrange power than the old ones. Technically you could use the old tuner on the new bike but would really need to tweak the fuel, and still run a bit too rich in some shoots because you can't take away fuel

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Green blue is idle fuel on all dobeck built controllers (ehs, ejk, rjwc, ect) for the 19+ bikes. They all have the warning about not using old controllers on new bikes and vice versa. The new 686 has a different fuel map than the 708, and different than the old 686. This is part of the reason they have more midrange power than the old ones. Technically you could use the old tuner on the new bike but would really need to tweak the fuel, and still run a bit too rich in some shoots because you can't take away fuel

Are you sure about that?? Here is what EHS says about the Green Blue mode.

Attachments

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
2019 700 SE Tac Black
105 Posts
Page 2 that I posted is a specific supplement relating to 19 my onwards. Green/blue is idle specific adjustment not low cruise.
page 3 where the same info as zrt1300 has a screenshot is just a generic page , which explains the tuning process for all models , confusing but ultimately accounted for / compensated for by inserting the 19my specific supplement a page earlier.
Im assuming 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Registered
656 Posts
Its kinda nuts that the Green/Blue means different things on different years/models. The only true way to tell is to have a A/F gauge to see what the change actually does. Really it should have a additional mode for just this instead of mixing up colors. If I guy has a 17 and a 19 it would be oh so easy to get all screwed up.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Its kinda nuts that the Green/Blue means different things on different years/models. The only true way to tell is to have a A/F gauge to see what the change actually does. Really it should have a additional mode for just this instead of mixing up colors. If I guy has a 17 and a 19 it would be oh so easy to get all screwed up.
Not really Nevada you are talking 2 completely different engines. It totally makes sense that the settings on the tuner be different. You aren't using the same tuner on both bikes, they each should have thier own. You normally would look at the instructions to program each bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts