Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past year I’ve noticed a buzz every now and again from my relay but now it won’t turn over half the time and my speedometer reads up 10kmh every time I try to start it, my temp light also comes on when the bike is not running sometimes, I’ve replaced battery and relay but still the same issue. It will start if I use the pullstart but will not even attempt to crank by itself, if some of you have had similar problems and narrowed it down the help would be much appreciated

·
Premium Member
8,130 Posts
First start by charging the battery over night, inspecting, cleaning and tightening all the connections from the battery to the starter and ground.

Reactions: MNDirtRider

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve tried cleaning every connection related to my starter(relay, ground, voltage regulator, starter wire) and still nothing, do you know if there is a ground on the frame Or anything else that would stop it from turning over

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I’ve tried cleaning every connection related to my starter(relay, ground, voltage regulator, starter wire) and still nothing, do you know if there is a ground on the frame Or anything else that would stop it from turning over
Welcome from Colorado.
There is a ground from the engine, the engine has rubber mounts.

·
Premium Member
8,130 Posts
There is a ground to the engine and to the frame. There is also a bond wire from the engine to the frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts