Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen some deals on ebay for all four shocks on ebay. Wondering if anyone has tried these out yet? I'm pretty pleased with the power and tires so far. I just know after riding 450 sport quads most of my life how much better this quad could ride and handle with a decent set of shocks.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Everyone who has them speak highly of the Elka's on the Griz.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Supposed to be one of the best mods for the Grizzly. Unfortunately, they are also one of the most expensive. I've decided to use that money to upgrade to a new quad every 3-4 years instead.

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
My best mod, would do it again in a heart beat.:banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
626 Posts
call elka directly and talk to them. I bought a set of elka's last spring, maybe 4's, they are great!!!! Smoother slow ride, smoother fast ride. NO feeling that the shocks are bottoming out or not moving at all.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Someone in Quebec may be able to get a free set of elkas if you have a new 2016 kodiak. They just posted this on their facebook page:

"We are looking for a YAMAHA KODIAK 700 (2016) to help us to complete the development. We appeal to our friends of Facebook to help us find of owners who would be interested. Good compensation offered! Please communicate with Marc-André Kingsley if interested to: [email protected]"

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
what's the difference between the legacy steel series and the more expensive other one?
Legacy steel is the older model, keep in mind Elka shocks are made for the riders weight and the gear they carry, so if you are looking on ebay make sure you are close to the weight with gear that they are made for, or you could send them to Elka to be revalved.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I've seen the will be valved for my weight and riding style and take up to two weeks to receive. To be honest I'll take the $700 savings and get the older model shocks. The stock shocks actually do a decent job but I can just tell how much potential there is with some good shocks. I'm all about the fast paced trail riding and hitting some jumps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have these shocks on my 14 700,but i purchased them directly from elka.The difference between stock and these shocks is night and day.It rides way smoother at low speeds, yet takes the big hits with complete control.These shocks use every bit of suspension travel available.Icant say enough great stuff about them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts