Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having some problems with my 2009 grizzly 550. It doesn’t move unless I give it a lot of gas. I thought it was the v belt so I changed it but when I put everything back it was still doing the same thing it wouldn’t move unless I give it a lot of gas m. Idk what to check. Is there anything I can check besides the belt.

·
Registered
288 Posts
When you changed your v belt you should've left the cover off and watched the CVT when you accelerate. I did this while up on cement blocks to make sure my new belt was operating properly.
If you do this and your primary pulley doesn't turn then it's probably your internal wet clutch slipping.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
The wet-clutch not engaging, or the drum shoes worn out not grabbing.
This is easy to check once the cover is off.
You have taller tires?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you changed your v belt you should've left the cover off and watched the CVT when you accelerate. I did this while up on cement blocks to make sure my new belt was operating properly.
If you do this and your primary pulley doesn't turn then it's probably your internal wet clutch slipping.
thank you so much
I’ll try that bc I didn’t do that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from Colorado.
The wet-clutch not engaging, or the drum shoes worn out not grabbing.
This is easy to check once the cover is off.
You have taller tires?
Yes I have a 4” lift on it

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
Never heard of a lift kit killing a wet-clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts