Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

It's been awhile since I posted but still check in a lot to see what's up. Anyhow, ……… Planning the first ride this weekend and wanted to change the oil and filter on my 08 350 so I read the service manual and it says to check oil pressure at a check bolt but I am having and issue finding it. !! I have used the google search for the site which has always found what I needed here but I can't seem to get a hit on it. Wants to bring up diff oil check. So I thought I would just post it might be quicker. The manual says to make sure engine has oil pressure after changing the oil and filter. They show an illustration in the manual but I can't seem to match it up anywhere on the machine. Also just tried a general google search also but nothing.
any help is greatly appreciated. On an different note WOW is that oil drain plug LONG. it's almost as long as my index finger !!!

Thanks again in advance for all the help.

·
Premium Member
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
You do not need to do that part of the procedure. Literally no one does that unless they are troubleshooting a oil pressure issue.
Simply do your oil change and ride out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You do not need to do that part of the procedure. Literally no one does that unless they are troubleshooting a oil pressure issue.
Simply do your oil change and ride out.

Thanks Dezz. Thought it was odd I couldn't get any hits on it :LOL: Think I found it, looks like a 22MM bolt near the end of the starter on the belt side of the case.

Changed the oil and went for a ride but had to cut it short. Got off the road a little trying to get some action footage of my son and I hit a rock in the culvert and sliced my tire.

………………..Got some fun in.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts