Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thanks for all the help with the no start issue. Something that has happened to me a few times is while in deep water my grizzly is that it will die or turn off. Thankfully it starts right back up and I keep moving. I have dialectic grease on my plugs and what not but is there something else maybe I'm missing ? or maybe should do to make sure I can stay under and not worry about it dying. Also is there a trick or something to make your air box that much more water proof ?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sometimes it's as simply as the engine ingested too much steam.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting you say the steam. most of time the engine is already cooled off from just getting in the water before going deep and I am also running N2deep snorkels on it and also a fuel optimizer and exhaust. so I guess what I'm trying to say is what do you mean by the steam ??? like steam from the oil being hot and then getting the water ? but like I said it has happened like maybe 3 or 4 times since iv had the machine but it usually happens then I'm already a good ways into the hole or water.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
interesting you say the steam. most of time the engine is already cooled off from just getting in the water before going deep and I am also running N2deep snorkels on it and also a fuel optimizer and exhaust. so I guess what I'm trying to say is what do you mean by the steam ??? like steam from the oil being hot and then getting the water ? but like I said it has happened like maybe 3 or 4 times since iv had the machine but it usually happens then I'm already a good ways into the hole or water.
Sorry, I didn't know you had snorkels. Suggest you make a signature so others have some information on your machine.

On stock bikes, when water starts splashing on, or submerging the headers, you can get a good amount of steam that gets sucked into the air box and can cause engine spudering , or stalling. Never happen to me yet, but I've often read about it on this forum. Though at this point, I doubt this is your issue

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Single cylinders have a hard time idling with the exhaust tip under water. In most cases, you need to stay on the throttle some to prevent the engine from stalling.

Did yours stall with the exhaust tip under water?

·
Premium Member
10,707 Posts
I bet your stalling is from sudden cooler air temp into the hot engine. The computer may not be able to handle the fast changing information, or is not properly set-up bu the control module. Just an idea I would investigate.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a bike that kept quitting in water. I took the garden hose to it. I Sprayed it down slowly and discovered I had a cracked plug cap. If you use a hose you will at least find a general location of your problem

Reactions: Pjniez

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Single cylinders have a hard time idling with the exhaust tip under water. In most cases, you need to stay on the throttle some to prevent the engine from stalling.

Did yours stall with the exhaust tip under water?

yeah it happens when the exhaust it underwater. didn't take that in consideration with I guess the water creating a black flow of the exhaust causing the engine to stall out.

Hey Dezz I'm running an HMF fuel opt. on my grizzly also have the full HMF swamp series on it. what I good recommended tune to run on it for mudd riding ?

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Hey Dezz I'm running an HMF fuel opt. on my grizzly also have the full HMF swamp series on it. what I good recommended tune to run on it for mudd riding ?
I have no idea unfortunately.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeah it happens when the exhaust it underwater. didn't take that in consideration with I guess the water creating a black flow of the exhaust causing the engine to stall out.

The tuner is already set for the best performance with the muffler. As long as the tuner is for a 2016 grizzly the settings should be Green 2.0/ Orange 1.0/ Red 3.5/ Orange Blue 4.0/ Red Blue 4.0

1 - 10 of 10 Posts