Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the gas stations in Gilbert WV sell ethanol free fuel. Have not been there in 5 years and can't remember if they do or not. Thanks for your help.
Pat

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check there before I posted the question. I was hoping that maybe that website was not up to date and perhaps someone would know for sure, thanks anyway though. I have sent an e-mail to Speedway also.
Pat

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Ask the place where you are staying in Gilbert. Where are you staying?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have stayed at Twin Hollow before. Maybe there again, not that far in planning yet. Just wondered about the fuel. I have some additives I will probably bring along.
Pat

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Thanks, that is exactly why I was inquiring about fuel. Pay at the pump or pay for repairs.
I wonder if different countries have different blending guidelines.
I'm not a fan of E-Blend fuel, but in my area its what we have without traveling 60 miles.
You mentioned pay for repairs.
The grizz has 8000 miles on blended fuel without a fuel problem.
I read about corrosion to fuel system components from ethanol, but haven't experienced one.
I wonder why?
We don't have much humidity around here, so I haven't used a stabilizer. I do use a little injector cleaner in my engines a few times a year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Different blending formulas could be a case. Here in southern Ontario, the summers are humid. Most reputable dealers of small engines around here recommend that ethanol fuel not be used in any small engine. Those dealers are atv's, snowmachines, lawnmowers, chainsaws whatever. The major gas companies do offer ethanol free fuel in the premium gas, 91 octane, so it is readily available. Did not mean to open a can of worms just wondered about fuel in Gilbert.
Pat

·
Registered
230 Posts
My experience with running Ethanol fuel is that it's fine as long as you don't let it sit. I run it for the summer then when I'm getting near my last trip I run Ethanol free to purge it from my system. I've never had any trouble using this technique in any of my carbureted motors. When I have forgotten to purge the Ethanol fuel the only trouble was that I had to clean the carburetor. I haven't noticed any corrosion or anything beyond just needing to clean the carb.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
There are two gas stations in Gilbert, neither of which have ethanol free gas. There are two Speedway gas stations in Man that both have E-10 gas. I'd say 99% of the riders at Rockhouse run at least a tank of if not many tanks of this gas while riding. I go through a tank a day when riding Rockhouse and usually ride 3-4 days at a time when I go. When you're burning it the day you buy it, I would think you are NOT taking much of a risk. Take an additive of your choice if you still have concerns.
Good luck.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The '14 700 manual says up to 10% blended is ok, but idk about any others besides what I ride.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you cant get ethanol free, use fuel stabilizer, it should help a lot, especially if it is going to sit for long periods at a time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts