Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Grizzly 660
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my '05 Grizzly 660 for a year, and mostly used it for plowing and puttering on my property. A buddy invited me up Mt. Herman Road near Monument, CO (to the side roads legal for ATVs). He was riding a Yamaha 400cc dirt bike, and I had my Grizzly 660. We bombed down fire roads, catching a little air, and I had a blast. I really stretched its legs. Traction is sketchy, since it's all decomposed granite on top of hard pack.

A few things struck me: my OEM tires are shot and stink in the corners, the Grizzly suspension is outstanding, and the buckets of torque and power were very nice for steeper hills (even in high range). I think I'm spoiled, as I would not want less power than I have now. Plowing snow, you sometimes need all the power you have on a long push.

This ATV also fits perfectly in my '77 Ford Courier long bed pickup bed trailer. The ATV's wheels sit across the trailer's fenderwells, so the ATV is locked in place when you drive it into the trailer.

So, for all you snow plowers and putterers, go out and let it rip some time in the right conditions and see what your Grizzly can do.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2005 Grizzly 660
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add that while driving in, I saw one UTV on the side of the road being repaired (front wheel was off) - a Polaris ;-)

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Time for new tires? Lot of us who ride the area are using Maxxis Big Horn Originals. Pit Bull are good tires as well. Discount Tires in the Springs carries a lot of ATV tires (or at least can get them). Glad you got the 660 out of the driveway/property and got to enjoy her.

·
Registered
2005 Grizzly 660
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tire suggestions. In the past, Discount had a lot of fairly mild-tread tires, but I will re-check there.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Yep check there Web site (Maxxis Tires | ATV/UTV & Trailer Tires | Discount Tire ) and you can see what they have to offer. I just put on some Big Horns (Originals (M917 & M918), not 2.0 or 3.0) and got rid of my Zilla's. Some times you can get a good deal from Rocky Mountain ATV (Utah), good prices and free shipping. I also had them on my 2004 660 and worked great for our area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts