Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, as the headline says i finally got the grzz going!!
There were many days when i just didn't wanna look at it out of pure frustration at not getting anywhere it seemed.
I have posted many questions about the issues i was having and considered all the posters that tried to help out.
So here's what happened.....
Although i am not mechanically inclined, i decided to attempt everything all on my own...and for the most part that worked out, originally there was an electrical issue that turned out to be the starter relay solenoid, then it still wouldn't start and i had good spark.
SO next was onto the carb, which i took apart three times and cleaned it to what i thought was a good job given my lack of experience, and still it wouldn't start.
After talking to a friends father he suggested that he clean the carb for me and we'd go from there!!
Well he said the carb was still very dirty, which meant i hadn't done a very good job (guess i'll learn that lesson the hard way (
We installed the carb and she seemed like she wanted to go but just wasn't getting gas hmm...
So the friends father asked about the spark plug, i told him it was brand new...he suggested putting another one in just for kicks and PRESTO the grizz came to life almost immediately.
I was TOTALLY STOKED!!!!!
I was at the point where i thought i would just buy one of those chinese aftermarket carbs because i was convinced that it would solve my problem, but the carb on it is a Mikuni and i'm told that they are really good carbs and they last forever, so i'm glad i didn't waste time or money on a new carb.
The other thing is that it had been suggested to me in earlier posts that i put a new plug in, well i had, but it would seem that either the plug was a dud or that while putting it in i may have inadvertently hit the plug and changed the gap on it, either way i think next time i will just try another plug regardless of whether the one in there was new or not!.
So now it's time to clean her up and put it all back together so that i can test her out and see what else i can get my hands dirty with.

SO THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE HELPED TO MAKE THIS WHOLE THING SUCH A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GC YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Congrats :banana:

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Pics? Congrats on getting her going!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Hey..NG...Great news! Thanks for the report.

Many members will suggest try a new plug or another new plug first.

Always eliminate the the small stuff first can save time frustration and money.

·
Premium Member
9,254 Posts
Thank's for the update.
Plugs are touchy thing and can go quickly as you found out.
That's why I buy them 6 at a time.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, and ya i didn't realize how touchy they can actually be.

I wanted to make sure i posted the actual fix so that if anyone else is having a similar issue then it may help them out.

I should have it all back together by noon on saturday, or at least thats the plan and then i can test the grizz out!!!!!

Oh by they way, we are supposed to get a bit of snow here tomorrow, so i may be riding in the white stuff for my first ride in 2 yrs!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts