Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Grizz 550. She’s a great machine. Currently all torn apart getting some much needed deep cleaning and TLC. I want to beef her up some. Give her some love lol

Any advice would be awesome!

1. I keep blowing out my cv axles- do upgraded cv axles make a difference?

2. I need to replace my tie rods and some other steering components. Do they make upgraded steering parts? My steering is loosey goosey. No power steering.

3. Any good front bumper out there? It’s hard to find parts online for the older machine.

Any advice would be awesome!

·
Premium Member
12,130 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
What mods do you currently have installed that break axles?
Taller tires or a lift or c.v.t. mods?

Reactions: FrancisRoy

·
Premium Member
12,130 Posts
If you ride hard, say jumping and coming down on the power the axles do not last....I know from experience :)
Have you tried rebuilding the axles? and what brand are you using for replacements?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I was just using the sixitys brand cv axles. I usually break them in mud. I’ve learned to baby the machine lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well I was just using the sixitys brand cv axles. I usually break them in mud. I’ve learned to baby the machine lol
"Baby" is not a term I've ever heard used with a Grizzly before.

·
Premium Member
12,130 Posts
For years, members that ride thick mud break axles, it goes with the territory. And if you installed heavier axles you will probably break the transmission.

Reactions: FrancisRoy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about the steering… way to make that more stout? I bought all balls racing tie rod upgrade. I definitely need a new steering stem bushing. The lower stuff I had to replace last year. I broke the bracket off the frame it was a mess. Wheel bearings are fresh. The brakes suck after I changed the pads and rotors. I have to look into that not really sure what do other then trying to bleed the brakes and maybe some new levers and cables??
Wood Gas Font Composite material Metal
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Automotive design Rim
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Font Bumper
Automotive tire Tire Wood Rim Automotive wheel system

1 - 10 of 10 Posts