Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory aluminum skids on my Grizz front to back but Yamaha do not offer the floor board skids as part of there skid plates options as far as I know, I notice all the time rocks flipping and hitting under my feet on the floor boards, so I ordered a set from aluminum products off EBay, their products seem to be the closes match to the factory Yamaha skids, at most abit of trimming to help them fit right, I'm hoping this will work, I think these skids are a must.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
They are nice to have. I bet those will work fine.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm hoping, second ride on my Grizz when she was brand new a rock flipped up and put a small dent underneath the floorboard, I near blew a gasket, after calming down I thought it was just a fluke, but I have had them flip up and hit from time to time no other damage though, so going into the spring season I ordered up a set, should have ordered right from the start, but you kinda forget about it till it happens again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ricochet skid plate

ive had my grizzly for 4 year and just put a set of skid plates on mine bought the ricochet with the floor board skids

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
The floor board skids are a must IMO the jumping rocks is the main reason I started looking for skids and have been very happy with the Ricochet brand.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The floor board skids are a must IMO the jumping rocks is the main reason I started looking for skids and have been very happy with the Ricochet brand.
I never had that issue with rocks hitting the floor boards with my Honda never even crossed my mind but being new to the Grizz I figured the factory Yamaha aluminum skids would be all I needed, I would have went with Ricochet brand also to get the full coverage if I would have known, at the time I bought the Grizz my dealer had the Yamaha skids in stock so I had them put on, hopefully I will not have to much trouble fitting these floor board skids from Aluminum products.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
I never had that issue with rocks hitting the floor boards with my Honda never even crossed my mind but being new to the Grizz I figured the factory Yamaha aluminum skids would be all I needed, I would have went with Ricochet brand also to get the full coverage if I would have known, at the time I bought the Grizz my dealer had the Yamaha skids in stock so I had them put on, hopefully I will not have to much trouble fitting these floor board skids from Aluminum products.
They’ll fit one way or another. Nothing a vise and a cut off wheel won’t solve.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They’ll fit one way or another. Nothing a vise and a cut off wheel won’t solve.
That's what I was thinking,line the bolt holes line up then abit of marking and zip cutting should do the trick, the side that the tab on the bottom plate sticks out, Its there that some modification will be needed I suspect.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i think I'm going to try to make a set of these. I have some 3/16" scrap sheet aluminum that i'll cut with my grinder/cutoff wheel, and bother a friend with a brake to make a couple of mild bends. I think i'll use a cardboard template. Even if they aren't perfect, they will work and won't cost me more than a few dollars. I have the glide plate currently, and i already had one of the bolts pull through the plastic. Not a great design. My floorboards are pretty beat up too from logs and rocks.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
A friend go a really nasty gash in his leg above the ankle when a broken branch came up through his foot board. Foot board skids would have prevented that for sure.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
There used to be a nerf bar type setup available for the grizzly. I can’t believe that some fabricator isn’t still making them.
I would love to have a set.
I know the new grizzlys have welded on floor board supports not bolted like the older ones, but I’m sure something could be done.
They looked like they would really protect the floorboards from hard use and rock contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
There used to be a nerf bar type setup available for the grizzly. I can’t believe that some fabricator isn’t still making them.
I would love to have a set.
I know the new grizzlys have welded on floor board supports not bolted like the older ones, but I’m sure something could be done.
They looked like they would really protect the floorboards from hard use and rock contact.

I’ve seen that also. Sort of a tree kicker for a quad.... They’d be on my list of wants.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Rage Customs was the manufacturer I think.

Reactions: okbear
1 - 13 of 13 Posts