Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to the dealer tomorrow with my 2016 Grizzly that has just over 100 miles on it. I was in the garage yesterday and noticed oil on the floor at the right rear tire, I took the skid plate off and the oil had came from up next to the axle,rear end area and went down skid plate to the rim and tire to the floor. I possible a seal, anyone else had this problem so soon? Just rode it three times. Glad i bought the Y.E.S. extened warrenty

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow I can't believe Yamaha is having this many​ issues with oil problems on the 2015-2017 grizzlys .. I sold my 13 to get a new one but after reading all these posts of leaks and burning oil .Ended up getting a new brute force

16' bf750 mean green - 15' bf750 white stalion
BruteLife850-407

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just had to take mine in with engine oil leaking from the rear of the motor where the drive shaft goes in.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Oil leaks suck, on my 2017 grizzly 700 under the h/bar light there's a removable panel for battery, fuses etc, there are 4x breather hoses, it would be real easy to pinch a hose or 2 & build up pressure in diff's/engine when replacing the panel, might be worth a look.

Reactions: grizzcamo1999

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After checking closer I found it had came from the right shock, I will make it easy for the dealer. The Elka shocks that came in this week came in just in time.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
After checking closer I found it had came from the right shock, I will make it easy for the dealer. The Elka shocks that came in this week came in just in time.
First thing I thought about when I read your first post was a rear shock leaking. This is one of the first things that started showing its head on the 2016 redesign.

The shocks on the 2016-newer models are less than half the cost of 2015-older models. Obviously a cheaper (and cheaper made) shock.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
You should get the shock replaced under warranty so you have a full set for spares or sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts