Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Haven't posted here in some time. We got rid of our little 2008 Grizzly 400 about 3 years ago, for some reason my wife didn't like it and kept pushing for us to get a 2-up atv, so started looking around and decided Polaris was not a choice, the only other options were CF Moto, Hisun, Arctic Cat (now Textron), and Can Am. We didn't want to go the 50" SXS route, not yet anyway, so landed on the Can Am. Before I get blasted, we felt that was the the best option for what was available. If Yamaha made a 2 up I would have one. We have been riding the Can Ams for almost 3 years now and will have to say they have been great machines thus far. In fact, I bought my wife a brand new 2019 Outlander Max 570 hold over in April and only have about 300 miles on it. We also have a 2016 570 Max that I picked up last fall that only had 374 miles on it, heated grips, a 2500lb. KFI winch, and a brand new set of Maxxis Bighorn 2.0's on it. Was a great deal and couldn't pass it up, $5500. All of that to say we want to ride legally and safely and felt that our Outlanders were the best option for what is out there.
Our goal is to have fun, see neat places and to share the pics with fellow riders. Hope that you enjoy these from some of our rides.
20200801_084226.jpg
20200801_085650.jpg
20200801_101751.jpg
20200801_121118.jpg
20200802_182249.jpg
20200802_184044.jpg
20200802_190142.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few more, were great rides, the last few pics of the sunset ride ended up being a 32.5 mile ride on the trail at about 3:15 home at about 11:00 p.m.😁

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like the setup is working! Beautiful pictures, thanks for posting!

Grip

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Beautiful scenery! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Glad you're still riding, sharing your pictures from out west with your 'Happy Wife'.
Glad you confirmed 2-up is better than sxs.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,049 Posts
Those are some great pictures of some beautiful country!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them. Glad you're enjoying the 2up!

Just out of curiosity where were you guys riding? Montana? Wyoming?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, We are in south west Montana, Bozeman area. These trailheads are about 25 minutes from home, very grateful to get to live where we live. However things are changing, a lot of California people are moving in and trying to change the way things are around here. Especially the hikers, trails that have been open for years, they are trying to get shut down for a wilderness area and only open to foot traffic and horses. They are the ones that overuse, over fish, and leave stuff behind. Kind of a shame really. Just means we have to go farther from home and deeper into the woods. Thankful we have that option.

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
:)...
The locals here learned about traveling Californians years ago, they're like prairie dogs with $$$$$, when they started showing up in the 1920's.
I have this from old-timers living here then, and things haven't changed a damn bit today.

Reactions: wgc

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha Kodiak 700
49 Posts
Stunning photos! Those can ams are looking pretty nice though!

I hope things dont change too much.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Thanks guys, We are in south west Montana, Bozeman area. These trailheads are about 25 minutes from home, very grateful to get to live where we live. However things are changing, a lot of California people are moving in and trying to change the way things are around here. Especially the hikers, trails that have been open for years, they are trying to get shut down for a wilderness area and only open to foot traffic and horses. They are the ones that overuse, over fish, and leave stuff behind. Kind of a shame really. Just means we have to go farther from home and deeper into the woods. Thankful we have that option.
This happens more than you think, in Canada its the same, special interest groups form from righteous outsiders with money changing some of our trails systems that as a club work so hard to build to walking trails only, most trails here are multi use and for the most part Atver's are very respectful when they meet somebody walking or horse back riding, it pisses me off when these people move in and try to take over.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have a canyon that has a man made dam called Hyalite reservoir, as a kid we used to go up there a couple times a year. The road into it ws a gnarly rough gravel road. So when you saw people up there, they were serious about being there and it was a destination to camp. Its about 12 miles to the reservoir. About 25 years ago they paved. It, we used to be able to go up there and shoot guns, snow mobile, donwhat Montana people do. Since it has been paved and the influx of people, it is over usued to the point that the shooting has been shut down, snowmobiling is not allowed, and i fear atvs are next. Durring summer months over 3000 peple a day drive up there. Locals as well as out of staters. When riding the traiks you never know if somebmountain biker is going to be flying down the trail. Had quite a few close calls. Just not as enjoyable to go there any more. Its close and very beautiful, but almost bot worth it anymore.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Reminds me of Slide Rock out west. When I knew it as a kid, it was just a river formation that the locals knew of and played in, open to all. Now it's an frickin amusement park, with vendors and requires an entrance fee. (Iirc) .
I stopped going quite a few years ago, but it made great memories for my childhood.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Awesome pics and thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
This happens more than you think, in Canada its the same, special interest groups form from righteous outsiders with money changing some of our trails systems that as a club work so hard to build to walking trails only, most trails here are multi use and for the most part Atver's are very respectful when they meet somebody walking or horse back riding, it pisses me off when these people move in and try to take over.
:)
Here in Colorado, Eisenhower started the interstate road system, taking county road right-of-ways for federal projects. These started as mining trails between mines then downhill to towns, and when abandoned by the miners, the counties took over authority for what was in their jurisdiction, then made motorist fund new work and the maintenance with license, fuel and vehicle use taxes.
Now 'f'in bicyclist want to use these paved by-ways and demand legislation to make motorist pass more than 3 ft. away from the biker so their spandex doesn't get torn or their helmet scratched. These a-holes will ride in the middle of the lane, down a two lane highway, to slow traffic thinking spandex and a state statute will save them. The attorneys love these a-holes because of the business they create.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Magnificent photos of very high quality.

In France it is even worse, with the ecology trend many trails have been closed.

Repression is increasingly present with cameras placed in trees and surveillance drones.

The change is accelerating very quickly, future generations will be pedestrians!

Reactions: Ridgway81432

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can-Am ATV Forum

FreedomFlyer

Late afternoon ride
TagsNone

Jump to LatestUnfollow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

[IMG alt="FreedomFlyer"]https://www.can-amforum.com/d1/avatars/m/55/55025.jpg?1559670102[/IMG]
FreedomFlyer
·Registered
Joined Apr 17, 2016
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · 1 d ago

Got a call late Sunday afternoon from some friends that wanted to go for a ride. That's the great thing about having trails close to home, we were unloading within 30 minutes and on the trail. Weather here has almost been unbearable, for me at least, mid to high 90s not normal for our area this time of year. Things are drying out and becoming a tinder box, a lot of fires burning to the west of us and all over in Idaho. Very smokey, all of our sunsets are blood red. Was great to get out of the valley floor and up into the mountains, was much cooler and surprisingly green with lots of wildflowers despite being this late in the year and the dryness down below. Picked one of our favorite trails and had a great afternoon/evening ride with a great stop on a bridge for a picnic dinner.
20210711_170137.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts