Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Found a GREAT rubber winch stopper!!

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mainehunter 
#1 ·
Looked around my shop the other day while I was detailing my new love, looking for something to use to keep the winch hook from flopping around, and to keep the cable clamps from getting sucked in.
I noticed I had a spare enclosed trailer, rear drop down door bumper!!! It works PERFECTLY!!! They're pretty cheap too, and easy to find from any trailer parts web site. Was like it was meant to be!

Will work on any Warn, Mad Dog, Epi, etc. Winch.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I used the cut off end of a dog chew toy once. :D

Reactions: mainehunter
#4 ·
Who was that that guy?

A couple years ago a member was sawing off some rubber thing on a tablesaw to make a "cheap stopper". ended up with a trip to the ER and a bunch of stitches in his hand...Oh and a big ER bill.

#3 ·
That couldn't be more perfect! :grin2:

#5 ·
I use the KFI winch stopper from Amazon it's about 10 bucks.

#6 ·
I also used the KFI on my last 2013 Grizz with the Mad Dog 3500 winch. Little tricky getting the cable thru but worked great as well. This trailer door bumper though does work a tad better believe it or not, in that it's thicker and keeps the hook from flopping up and down completely. Anyway, just thought I'd share in case anyone could benefit from the experience. Happy trails everyone!

#9 ·
2013 grizzly 550 with provantage 2500.

The winch is physically installed but has no wiring, solenoid and switch. I am about to attack that but thought I might get a hook stopper as well.

Any recommendations for a hook stopper. I dont want to have to unwind the cable to install it. It has the old school rollers or whatever you call it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.