Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebuilt my front differential and when i put it in it is in four by. when i push the actuator i hear it working when i push four wheel drive it feels like the front diff is engaged..why is the front diff not going in to two wheel drive??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
when my front end is jacked up when i spin one tire forward the other one goes the opposite way. in two wheel drive the front diff won't slip both tires move it won't go in to two wheel drive, my actuator is working fine this all started when i rebuilt it. what did I do wrong when i put it together??

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Did you time the actuator correctly to front diff?
Pull the actuator and put the actuator in 2wd (leave connectors on), then using a small screwdriver move the metal slider inside the diff into 2wd mode (usually move it fully backwards), then reinstall the actuator. It should now work.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
thanks ill give it another shot. should i time it with the front diff still bolted in place??
Hell yes. It's a simple thing to do. Just remove the actuator to check the timing.

·
Vendor
686 Posts
Like Dezz said, you need to time your actuator to 2wd. Here is a video on how to do it.

Once you get that done, slide the gear inside the diff all the way to the back, or to the left depending on what bike you have. This will put the diff in 2wd.

Then make sure your button is in 2wd. At this point you can bolt it up and it should work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your the man.. I thought i timed it right but the front end was always out. when i did it like you recommended i could spin the axle and i saw what was up and i am back on the bear and tearing up the Alaskan earth.. thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey a unrelated bike ?. I'm new to this chat line thing and not the best on computers, how do I keep up with all the wicked good stuff on this site. I still don't know how all this really works..I dig it a lot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts