Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2009(?) grizzly 350 irs model nr YFM35FGDWG were the rear wet brakes (5 friction plates?) in the diff are worn out (yes!). Is appears impossible to find new ones, even for my mechanic!!? Any ideas? I live in Sweden.

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Hey... @ErOg
Here are two suppliers that do have the parts in stock and will ship to Sweden. I'm sure that are others.

Partshark

Partzilla

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
:)
Because of the different letters in your vin that don't match model I used?
Letters for different colors do not change the part design for a 4x4 350, for the year you stated. The schematic looked like a match.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:)
Because of the different letters in your vin that don't match model I used?
Letters for different colors do not change the part design for a 4x4 350, for the year you stated. The schematic looked like a match.
Look at the picture in the first post, thats the friction plates/brake, inside the rear diff. The schematic shows a model with a drum brake...

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
OK....
We might need to confirm the bike model and year, or learn if your bike is particular to that part of the world.

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Reactions: ErOg

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have a 2009(?) grizzly 350 irs model nr YFM35FGDWG were the rear wet brakes (5 friction plates?) in the diff are worn out (yes!). Is appears impossible to find new ones, even for my mechanic!!? Any ideas? I live in Sweden.
View attachment 99129
What makes you think that they're actually worn out? The ones in that picture look very similar to a new one . Where the brakes not grabbing? were you using the proper diff oil with a friction modifier in it?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What makes you think that they're actually worn out? The ones in that picture look very similar to a new one . Where the brakes not grabbing? were you using the proper defoil with a friction modifier in it?

What makes you think that they're actually worn out? The ones in that picture look very similar to a new one . Where the brakes not grabbing? were you using the proper defoil with a friction modifier in it?

My mechanic says that they need to be replaced. They grab nearly nothing even at maximum adjustment, and yes, we changed oil just to be sure that there was not a wrong one used by previous owner.

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts

I does look as if there was a fair amount of dirt and crud moisture in the diff. It is very easy to get water and and silt in the diff. Bad seals sucked in the breather tube. I've used GL5 dino fluid in all of our machines without issue. My research indicated that GL5 was equal to Mobil 424.. Now Yamaha has change the spec for the front diff. The same fluid can be used in both so I may switch to 424. Yamaha final drive fluid is 424.

However since you have it apart I wouldn't chance it. I'd would replace the friction plates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I does look as if there was a fair amount of dirt and crud moisture in the diff. It is very easy to get water and and silt in the diff. Bad seals sucked in the breather tube. I've used GL5 dino fluid in all of our machines without issue. My research indicated that GL5 was equal to Mobil 424.. Now Yamaha has change the spec for the front diff. The same fluid can be used in both so I may switch to 424. Yamaha final drive fluid is 424.

However since you have it apart I wouldn't chance it. I'd would replace the friction plates.
GL5 sounds familiar...
Anyway, 5 new plates are ordered!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've used GL5 dino fluid in all of our machines without issue. My research indicated that GL5 was equal to Mobil 424.. Now Yamaha has change the spec for the front diff. The same fluid can be used in both so I may switch to 424. Yamaha final drive fluid is 424.
Actually, I dont have an owners manual for it so Im not sure exactly what oil is recomended. I guess its quite crucial that its the right one? Any GL5 or 424?

ps
Is it possible to find a pdf-manual online?

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts