Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Friction plates wet brakes grizzly 350

5K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  reogem 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2009(?) grizzly 350 irs model nr YFM35FGDWG were the rear wet brakes (5 friction plates?) in the diff are worn out (yes!). Is appears impossible to find new ones, even for my mechanic!!? Any ideas? I live in Sweden.

See less See more
#4 ·
#6 ·
:)
Because of the different letters in your vin that don't match model I used?
Letters for different colors do not change the part design for a 4x4 350, for the year you stated. The schematic looked like a match.

#8 ·
OK....
We might need to confirm the bike model and year, or learn if your bike is particular to that part of the world.

#13 ·
What makes you think that they're actually worn out? The ones in that picture look very similar to a new one . Where the brakes not grabbing? were you using the proper defoil with a friction modifier in it?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
What makes you think that they're actually worn out? The ones in that picture look very similar to a new one . Where the brakes not grabbing? were you using the proper defoil with a friction modifier in it?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
My mechanic says that they need to be replaced. They grab nearly nothing even at maximum adjustment, and yes, we changed oil just to be sure that there was not a wrong one used by previous owner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.