Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a front loading dump box for their ATV? I need to move a bunch of sand and thought about how I could use the Grizzly to help me out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No front end loader, but after using a 60” snow shovel or a rear hitch rack hauling firewood, I can’t imagine putting anymore weight on either end. The factory suspension doesn’t support it very well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I posted the question I went looking for videos. The videos I did watch it did look like the suspension was over used so I’ll probable resort to using a shovel and trailer to haul and move sand and dirt around.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
You can rent one of those little tractors from Home Depot or Lowes for little money and save your back

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
I have used one of these ATV buckets once before. It was mounted on a Honda Foreman 450. While it did work, it didn't work very well. An ATV just doesn't have enough weight behind it to effectively use it in anything solid. In sand and crush stone it worked ok, but not great. Additionally, the weight on the front of the ATV was quite substantial with a load in the bucket. A full load of crushed stone or gravel felt like it was going to break something.
To put it simply, ATV's are just not meant for this purpose, and this is the reason why it doesn't really work that well and this is also why they never really caught on like the snow plow did.

And to add even more to this. If you only have 1 or 2 jobs to do, for the cost of buying this bucket setup you could rent a Kubota tractor....and get the job done faster, easier and safer. Using the proper equipment for the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts