Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After leaving the key on for the second time and walking away, I decided having lights front and rear that were on with the key might be a good way to avoid it in the future. Plus, having ridden motorcycles, all of which have had lights on with ignition, I thought, "Why not the Grizzly?"

First, I connected the tail light to the ignition circuit under the seat, which was very simple using a spare female insulated bullet connector I had. I spliced into the RED/BLU wire going to the CDI unit, and connected to the blue tail light wire at the bullet connectors. I have an LED bulb in the tail so there was no need for a relay.

I decided to use THESE smoked amber LED marker lights up front. I pulled the grommets off, and drilled 5/8" holes adjacent to the headlight in one of the "bezel" reliefs. The lights were inserted into the holes, then I slathered black RTV on the back side and slid the grommet up against the back to hold it in place. I then added some more RTV over the grommet. I don't think they'll go anywhere! Power for these front lights comes from the wire for the accessory outlet wire under the "hood."

There's no time that I wouldn't want these lights on while riding, so having them on with the ignition is fine with me. You can see in the closeup "on" pic that the LED's inside form a line about 1/2" long, which I slanted in to meet the lights. \ / I think they look pretty factory (and cool), and I'm very happy with the results.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nice! On top of being practical, it gives it a nice look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts