Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening.

I have a 2007 grizzly 700 and ended up bending the front master brake lever (right hand side) and am wondering if there are many options aside from stock for replacement. Saw a post on here where someone used an R6 front lever, but that was for a much newer model than mine.

I’ve looked up the part numbers and nothing seems to match from my machine to the newer ones, neither the master itself, nor the lever. If the brake lever won’t work on my older master cylinder, can it be as simple as using a newer model complete master? I wouldn’t assume the pressures of the brakes have changed that much over the lifespan of the grizzly 700, but I’m wondering if they used different brake lines/banjo fittings between the beginning and later models. If it’s as complicated as replacing the whole front brake system it wouldn’t be worth it to me for time and money invested, but if it’s a straightforward swap/replacement, I think it would be a worthwhile upgrade while I’m fixing anyway...

Anyone else ever done this, or have any helpful knowledge they could enlighten me with? Sorry for the long winded first post, and thank you for your time reading it!

·
Premium Member
9,006 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts