Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my grizz is not happy going through water holes,starts to sputter and run crappy, now sometimes I do get a fuel smell when we stop on a trail but no leaks found. But it's wet arround the injector and all the dirt has colleted arround it indication of its weaping. Now is it possible the water is being forced in there?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Put some die electric grease all around the spark plug wireand try it again then get back with us. Also check air box and rubber boots, making sure clamping is tight and they are fully seated.

Reactions: ThorsAx

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the boots and clamps but havent tried the dieletric grease ill give it a shot. Heading to New Hampshire in the morning for a day of riding.

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
X-2 What Yamahogz said..
Most times sputter and cut out is water on the sparkplug.
Sometimes it is steam being sucked into the airbox.
The boot between the air box and the throttle body is a bear to seal.

Could be the humid weather causing the crap to collect on the throttle body/injector.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys went riding in nh sat. Put some dielectric grease on and didnt have any issues,and there were plenty of water holes on those trails.

Reactions: Yamahogz and reogem

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sweet glad it's fixed. That is alway super frustrating when you plow a hole and it dies. Mine does it cause of steam when water hits pipe and make me look like a moron. I still haven't figured out how to stop it. Thinkin about adding some of those 1 inch air box vents into the gas tank cover near air intake, close enough to help but not directly over it cause of rain.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Sweet glad it's fixed. That is alway super frustrating when you plow a hole and it dies. Mine does it cause of steam when water hits pipe and make me look like a moron. I still haven't figured out how to stop it. Thinkin about adding some of those 1 inch air box vents into the gas tank cover near air intake, close enough to help but not directly over it cause of rain.
Maybe take an old air filter and cut it to fit over the tube that lets fresh air into air filter box.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its got to be from the steam as well cause when I go through a water hole.in the trail it acts like it sucked up water,like the exhaust sounds like it fell off or thats the steam or water getting in to the air box.

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Is there water in the air box? Is the drain tube connected? Is the crankcase vent tube connected? Water has to get as high as the shifter handle to get in the air intake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Air box drain is clogged solid and I have a k&n intake filter with a ehs lid so maby its splashing inthrough there

·
Registered
98 Posts
If I crawl slowly into a hole, it won't skip a beat i can go deep as i want. But if I splash a 1 foot deep hole and steam it up it sputters and dies, take off seat and it fires right back up, ready to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why does taking off the seat help

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Yamahogz is driving a 350 airfilter is under the seat the air inlet is just up under the gas tank. Taking the seat off would let the steam escape faster.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
O ok guess that makes sense. I didnt look at his signature,thought he had a 700. Lol so if we put a small snorkel setup on do u think that would help?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Shoot I wish I had a 700!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts