Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get to the carb so i can service it on a 02 660, was trying to get to the float to see if any junk was in it but i can't get the fuel selector knob off. It appears the screw to remove it is stripped by the previous owner, anyone had this issue themselves? And if so how'd you get it off? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
98 Posts
Break it off. Then use a screw extractor on the stripped out scree. That's what I do to people that bring me their 4 wheeler to work on and it's stripped out. Your not going to want to wrestle with that every time.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
Screw threads or screwdriver slots stripped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i figured it was gonna have to cut or break it off. Hate finding all the little things the PO doesnt tell you about...

·
Registered
71 Posts
When dealing with stripped screw heads I have used valve lapping compound for some extra grip. An impact driver helps at times too. Its a form of screwdriver actuated by striking it with a hammer. If those don't work I've also used a dremel and cutting disk to cut a slot so a flat screwdriver can be used. Then once all phillips screws are removed I replace them with allen head screws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts