Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I buy my gas from a gas station 20 min away. It has non-ethanol gas and it is the only gas station around that has it. So I buy a lot and add Sta-ble brand fuel stabilizer. Just today thought came to me if it is safe to run Grizzly with that thing in the gas. Do you guys know if it is ok? Never can be too safe with 9K machine.
Thank you

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's safe to run. The more important question is how long the fuel sits before you use it. It won't hurt the machine. But 2 month old gas isn't going to be as efficient.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not sit for too long. Maybe month and half. I use the gas for my other small engine things like chain saw, lawn mower etc.
But my understanding was that if I add this stabilizer, it should keep the fuel fresh for months! I am right? If not, what is the point of the fuel stabilizer?

·
Registered
94 Posts
i use stabil in my triumph tank every winter,nov-apr and have had no issues in the spring.i wouldn't worry.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Conventional wisdom is the marine Stabil is much better than the regular. I used to only use the POR-15 fuel stabilizer, but some azz hat company bought POR-15 and just stopped making their fuel stabilizer.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Run 93 octane. I used to have a bunch of engines and tractors, some would sit for months. Choke it and 2-3 pulls later fired right up. My understanding is 93 has less ethanol than lower octane gas. Only thing that doesn't use 93 is my truck, that gets run just about everyday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts