Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search but couldn't find an answer so try this. On my 2014 grizz 700 it's snorkled and have the vent lines up by the snorkels. My question is do you need to run the fuel tank breather hose up too? I did on mine and there's gas coming up the clear line when its hot out and a couple of times it started spitting out gas. Do most of you that have extended your vent lines done the fuel breather hose? Any suggestions to prevent this? Thanks in advance

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
I would think the vent for the fuel tank would be an especially important one to run up your snorkels. Maybe don't fill the tank so full to prevent it spitting gas when it's hot. Dunno why it would be doing that, though. I've never noticed anything like that on my 14.

Reactions: 08700LE

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Reactions: 08700LE

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think the vent for the fuel tank would be an especially important one to run up your snorkels. Maybe don't fill the tank so full to prevent it spitting gas when it's hot. Dunno why it would be doing that, though. I've never noticed anything like that on my 14.
Yeah thought it was good to run the vent for the fuel up until it started doing that. Even at 3/4 tank it will do it. When the quad has been running for awhile if I shut it off I can see fuel in the line. People riding with me have commented when we stop that they smell fuel. Unfortunately I don't have sense of smell so I don't know if it was spitting out fuel before I snorkelled it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else experience this and what did u do about it.? Going for an all day ride soon and like to figure out something to stop it as I don't want gas running down my snorkels or spraying me. Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TTT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts