Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Curiosity
Today's question, Yamaha engineer calls you and says, "what changes or options would you like to see on future grizzly's".
examples
Better wheel bearing seals
easier asses-ability for oil filter
Two up option
snorkeling
I know know one wants a twin cylinder higher HP option.
better suspension
longer travel suspension

What other thoughts do you guys have?

·
Registered
333 Posts
A 2 up machine, possibly in the 1000cc range
Different packages like preinstalled winch/bumpers and upgraded wheels and tires like canam does with the XT
A factory snorkeled version, possibly with mud tires installed and correct clutching
Different tire options from the factory if you order one

And a free one given to me for my ideas!

·
Banned
2,789 Posts
For us Colorado riders, give me some 27" BH's and a high performance clutch set-up, that would be awesome.

They could at least punch out the 686 to a 722, like Suzuki has. That should be good for 50 hp.

·
Registered
539 Posts
More Power, a package that includes a winch, bumpers, better tires, and more color options.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
honestly everyones wishes for having aftermarket stuff come stock on a grizz is ridiculous factory extras will cost you way to much when they are cheap and easy to do. (paying an extra thousand dollars on sticker for 600 bucks of stuff you can buy and do yourself might be the dumbest thing i have ever seen on here ) one thing that seams to be a lil cost effective on a factory machine i think would be a nicer shock set up. i am not saying throw on elkas but maybe something a lil better then what we are getting these days

·
Banned
2,789 Posts
Unlike most people here, I'm not a mechanic, so getting a good clutch set-up and awesome tires for a decent factory add on price would be great for me.

People option out their cars with thousands of dollars of add-on's all the time.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Synchronized transmission, Low to High on the fly.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not to bring down the hopes of all, but I had a thought about this. These bikes are engineered to withstand the clutch/tire combo that comes factory. I'd guess they don't offer factory "muskeg ready" bikes because they don't want to cover the warranty of all the extra force and wear the larger tires put on the drivetrain, and they certainly don't want to start having to reinforce parts per what a customer ordered to make the bike hold up. I wonder how Can Am works it out when they have warranty repairs that are caused by the extra load? I think Yamaha just don't want to deal with the trouble.

On to the OP, I'm all for more suspension travel, softer ride, and a finely tuned EPS system(not that my factory EPS isn't nice, but put it in diff lock and you can't tell it's EPS anymore lol). I'd like to feel the 2014 EPS system with the new geometry!

Reogem: ooooooooo nice one! put my vote in for on the fly L to H range as well. I'm 6'8" and 400 lbs, so I'm often having to use low range for crawling and getting left behind as I have to stop to get High range. It beats burning up my belt/clutch tho.

·
Banned
2,789 Posts
That's a good point jasonb. I'd like to know how Arctic Cat works all that out, since they offer the mud pro package that is all beefed up.

At the very least, put a good radial all-terrain tire on it, the old Dunlops were an absolute joke, the new factory maxxis is a little better, but come on!

·
Registered
641 Posts
honestly everyones wishes for having aftermarket stuff come stock on a grizz is ridiculous factory extras will cost you way to much when they are cheap and easy to do. (paying an extra thousand dollars on sticker for 600 bucks of stuff you can buy and do yourself might be the dumbest thing i have ever seen on here ) one thing that seams to be a lil cost effective on a factory machine i think would be a nicer shock set up. i am not saying throw on elkas but maybe something a lil better then what we are getting these days
I have to disagree on the cost. Can-am sells there xt package for $600 over there plain dps unit. So for $600 you get $400 in bumpers, a $500 warn winch, $50 handgaurds, nice wheels, and a little better tires.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Note to Yamaha. POWER. MORE POWER. TIRES , ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? So many people come to this site because they got a grizzly and it does not live up to what they expected. How do I get more power ? my tires suck ? very dependable though . Just sayin .:happy:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
734 cc and call it a 750. Offer a sport model with piggy back shocks, beadlocks, and aluminum skids.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
I find the power to be perfect, the power steering and suspension to be perfect as well. The only change I would like to see would be a 3rd headlight and proper location of the guage pod.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Don't do anything.
It's not broke so don't fix it.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I find the power to be perfect, the power steering and suspension to be perfect as well. The only change I would like to see would be a 3rd headlight and proper location of the guage pod.
rigid industries has that covered for you. 3 brackets either rigid dually, 6 inch light bar or 10 inch bar. I have the 10 inch and its perfect for night riding.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Twin cylinder, something 50+ hp.
Headlight/gauge pod like the kingquad but more the shape of the brute. Some NICE looking SE wheels. Factory 2" receiver hole. And for crying out loud, ditch the lousy push pins for some decent screws/bolts like the brute.

2009 Grizzly 700 EPS. 27" BD XTR's/ Stock SE wheels. Hunterworks Machined Sheave /0.5mm shim,18g rollers, stock secondary. El-cheapo 12" 72watt LED bar.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
along with what most everyone else said more power w/ same size frame, offer a 2-up rig, ... but would also like to see them fix the ball joint issues in the front as well as have stronger front and rear racks "IMO the wimpy bubble tube rack and braces are a joke." They should come with the HD racks stock and a better brace setup.. also would tell them they need angle braces on the frame at every weld joint for added frame strength..

hmm.. I know I can think of a few more but thats a start for now!!

I still love the grizz just sayin these would be impovements.

·
Registered
857 Posts
- 3rd headlight
- easy oil filter access
- stronger racks and rack supports
- factory bumper/skid plate option
- proper 2" receiver
- 1/4" taller footpegs
- more color choices, really liked the orange concept Grizzly
- sidewinder missiles

·
Registered
94 Posts
1000 v-twin w/ 80-100 hp (compete w/ can-am), two up available, better tires!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts