- 3500 lb synthetic winch
- heated handlebars
- 2" receiver with 2" ball
- larger storage (like newer polaris)
- over fenders painted to match factory color

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Twin refrigerated beer holders :rocker::rocker:that are mounted in the front guards that way if ya piss get a tad warm you drop one of those bad boy in the cooler ready to go !!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
How do you like it compared to the outlanders and you brute?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
No regrets at all. Really likin it. I was a bit worried about the power difference but it has plenty of thrust. I have had it up to 100 kph on a straight dirt logging road for a brief burst. Got there quickly and still had a bit left. It is the most stable ATV I have had. Feels really planted. I think what I feel best about the Grizzly is that I ride alone in the boonies a few times per year and feel confident it won't break. Never had any problems on my Brutes or Outlanders but the Grizzly just feels better put together.

And so far it has averaged 8.4 km's per liter. That is 170 km's per 20 liter tank or 106 miles. The Brute was bone dry at 100 km's and the 650 Outlanders were dry at about 120 km's.

And if they would change something, get rid of those dam plastic fasteners and add a parking brake.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Make the 15 Grizz a 750 and keep it reliable like it is now, not to many changes. But PLEASE come back out with a Wolverine. Similar frame to the current great handling 700's, use a hotter 750 Single, keep it around 500lbs, FOX shocks, Power steering, EFI, removable rack's, and keep it under 9G's. I grew up on wolverines and would love to see a sporty, lighter, better handling 4x4 quad out there that most people could afford.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Get rid of the crappy plastic push-pin fasteners! Maybe I'm spoiled by my Brute but so much easier to get plastics on & off.
More HP! Preferably a bigger engine. I would love to see a V-twin. My Brute is a monster!
Better front bumper without the cheap plastic that keeps falling off.
Heavier front diff and axle shafts. People are going to mod these so why not help them out a little from the factory.
Maybe offer a upgrade "mud" package. With stronger axles, diff, larger tires, and a factory Snorkel! Also make sure it's water ready up to about 3'.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
nothing. keep the 700 chassis as close to what it is as possible. improve the parts that fail, but no major overhaul. that way, when my machine wears out when it hits 10,000 miles, i can get another one thats only a couple years old and swap all my accessories onto it.

but if you could release a stupid powerful model separately so i dont have to hear people whine and complain about it, that would be cool too.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Make an option for a mud racer quad. So there is a quad for everyone.

-Factory relocated radiator with big fan
-Longer chassis with the 14' wide stance and offset wheels 28" silverbacks/outlaws
-This model would have a 25% lower low with automatic disabling of rev limiter in low
-Factory arched a-arms
-Factory snorkel
-Bigger cvt cover for more room/range of cvt
-More color packages on se/mud racer versions
-Make the SE models actually different then the regular units, offer better shocks (fox, Elka)

Tapatalk 08' Grizz HO 734

·
Banned
2,789 Posts
They fixed the stability issue for 2014 with the suspension updates. I can't even ride 90% of our trails at anything faster than 25 mph, so more power is completely unnecessary for me. All I would ask for, put 25" BH's on it factory with nice wheels.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I just want a sport edition with piggyback shocks, cast aluminum wheels, and aluminum skids stock.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Let's talk about this when I can afford to get another one.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I agree, keep the grizzly 700 how it is its a perfect machine how it sits. Yamaha needs to expand its line though with a sport utility. Something to keep the power junkies happy. Factory fox shocks, beadlocks, more power, bumpers, ect. Theres no such thing as too much power. Doesnt matter if you say you can only do 20-30mph on your trails, with a faster bike with a better suspension you can go much faster than that :p proved that to myself with my Renegade, i can ride much faster than i ever could on my grizzly, and my trails are some of the tightest rockiest trails.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would just like to see fuel injection on the grizzly 450. (at least as an option) factory back-up pull starter would be nice also.

·
Registered
130 Posts
After buying a 450 for myself I went out a month later and bought one with power steering for the wife. I added mirrors. Would have liked fuel injection as well. Still think the Yamaha 450 is best for me with steep and narrow trails. Hard to improve the best.

·
Registered
424 Posts
An engine with around 60-70HP. Either a new V-twin or work some magic on the current 700.
A factory "MUD" option or package! A factory snorkel kit would be great along with bigger tires, gearing, better axles/CV joints, and set up for mud riding!

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
This was a Fun Thread a few years back.
Did anyone get what they wished for?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would like to see a new engine MADE BY YAMAHA!!!! a all new twin 800 in the Griz chassis with 60-65 hp range, led pod light, and possible a 2 up version available for those that are not into SxS with removable rear seat for some more carrying gear space for those long trips, also some better racks with quick attach for some new upgraded accessories to fit is long over due, some upgraded shocks nothing to extreme just better quality which offers abit more adjustability to dial in your riding style, also offer a 3 year factory warranty on your Griz would be nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Note to Yamaha. POWER. MORE POWER. TIRES , ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? So many people come to thismy ip birthday wishes tneb site because they got a grizzly and it does not live up to what they expected. How do I get more power ? my tires suck ? very dependable though . Just sayin .:happy:
a lil cost effective on a factory machine i think would be a nicer shock set up. i am not saying throw on elkas but maybe something a lil better then what we are getting these days

21 - 37 of 37 Posts