Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
second time i ran out of gas on my 2002 grizz any tips on having a gauge i can count on.. this last time it was about 5 degrees out..

·
Premium Member
10,670 Posts
After using reserve?
Was it showing full?
I know my mpg and reset a trip meter to record distance covered on the current tank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its all over the place, and i can usually just peek at it but last night I rode hard in deep snow in four wheel drive had to lock in front diff a hand full of times and i did not get over 15-20 miles on a full tank.. does that sound to out of hand?? I was riding double and hard all night. It died on me out of the blue and i peeked in and saw gas it fired right back up so though nothing of it four miles later at about 3 am died again this time i look and bone dry. ten miles from home.. since I've had my bear the gas gauge has always bean flakey. some times it reads some times not so I just used my eye but last night i was F#*ked. do you think that something is wrong when I burnt a hole tank in under 20 miles?

·
Premium Member
10,670 Posts
That's 4 miles to the gallon. Look for a bad hose.

Reactions: AK49mudder

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
In the snow, with a passenger, with 4x4, with diff lock, while riding hard. If your hard riding is like my hard riding then 20 miles on a full tank isn't out of the question .... the real thought would be, if your guage is flakey are your sure that the tank was full before you left ?

Snow can be a real strain on the machine. It can eat fuel if you are thumb happy and not moving very quick

·
Registered
16 Posts
My gauge is unreliable. Shows nearly empty with a half a tank. I don't pay attention to it anymore. I just look down in the tank and carry a gas jug on the rack for long trips.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
TRev is correct on the fuel mileage. In your situation it's not out of line to expect what you experienced. My Grizzly would do no different.

·
Registered
396 Posts
second time i ran out of gas on my 2002 grizz any tips on having a gauge i can count on.. this last time it was about 5 degrees out..
Yea, here's one:

rotopax.JPG :banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha Ha I like it. I have only put 200 miles on my grizz, still getting to know it..i am trying to find the right jug.. do they make any kind of custom gas jugs for atv's?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts