Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting Shocked

I have an '11 Grizzly 550. Just recently, I am getting shocked by the left brake reservoir housing while I'm riding. It is not static, it is definitely electrical current.

I have Heat Demon grips, which are fairly new and completely intact.

Has anybody heard of a common cause for this, so I have a better idea where to look. I have already confirmed that the wiring changes made for the winch and heat demons are not the cause.

Just looking for ideas.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My ideas would be that you palm is touching the heating element in grips, which is positively charged, them you fingers are touching the brake lever, which is negatively charged. Since I have never heard of this happenening, and you changed something (heated grips), I would say that is where I would start looking!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
IT - good find.

Disconnect the heated grips and see if you still get shocked. If you don't, that's your problem.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Cleaned battery connectors and ground connector. Seems to be fixed. I'm not a ground anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you were completing the path to ground the voltage had to be coming from somewhere. If you haven't found the voltage source the shocking will return.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you were completing the path to ground the voltage had to be coming from somewhere. If you haven't found the voltage source the shocking will return.
Yep, there was no permanent fix there. Wait for the right weather conditions.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, there was no permanent fix there. Wait for the right weather conditions.
7am: getting shocked - stead stream electricity
7am-9am: cleaned battery connectors and remade connections on right grip where bare copper was showing
9am: not getting shocked at all

I'm pretty sure I fixed it.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
7am: getting shocked - stead stream electricity
7am-9am: cleaned battery connectors and remade connections on right grip where bare copper was showing
9am: not getting shocked at all

I'm pretty sure I fixed it.

You left that out of your other post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts