Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would share with you all my build of my 2016 Grizzly 700 EPS. Was inspired from Dirt Wheels Magazine.

First of all I bought a Can-Am 1000xxc and was very disappointed in how big and heavy the machine felt. Very fast but wide like an elephant! Also not the happiest with build quality. So I set out to see if I could build a Grizzly to do the same job as the Can-Am. What I ended up with when finished is pretty amazing for a Grizzly 700 to be able to blast down through the woods as fast as a Can-Am 1000xxc that is built for GNCC style racing. Will most likely be sending Elka suspension back for revalving because I'm now able to ride the machine past its limits on how it was originally setup. The sections that would rattle your teeth out with stock suspension you can just go WFO and glide over it.

Elka Stage 4 suspension all 4 corners.

Roxx Risers with Fast Flexi bars 14 degree.

26" Kenda Bear Claws with Beadlock rims

EPI performance clutch. Very nice clutch. Power is always there - no more freewheeling rpms up and down.

EHS UNI air box modification to air box.

EHS Fuel tuner stock setup. I may try and exhaust in the spring. I do like it quiet.

GYTR full skid plates.

Baja designs HID high beam headlight.

GYTR front bumper.

Roxx foot pegs

SORRY PHOTOS WILL NOT LOAD.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Sounds like beast. Did you cut the fenders like Dirt Wheels did? Would love to see some pics.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice looking machine, keep us updated on your improvements. I checked out the Can-Am before I bought and glad I picked the Grizzly. Mine rips through the trails now!

Reactions: Raptor90

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking machine, keep us updated on your improvements. I checked out the Can-Am before I bought and glad I picked the Grizzly. Mine rips through the trails now!

Thanks! Have you done any upgrades to your Grizzly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
Looking good. Nice machine you have there!

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
FYI.... I merged this and the other thread. Also sent you a pm @DRCKTM.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
No did not cut the fenders. I like the protection.
Let’s see if these pics will load.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did you find the front bumper from I’m looking for the same one for my 2012 grizzly. Best looking bumper out there! Your machine looks like a beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
It's the Yamaha accessory bumper for the new Grizzlies. I doubt it would fit your 2012 without some modification.

·
Registered
100 Posts
DRCKTM, mods are in my sig, you can't see them from your phone.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Went with the sport utility clutch kit. Great all around clutch kit. night and day over stock. Power always there.
Thanks. That was my first guess. I can't help but wonder if all of what you feel is just the lighter roller weights and stiffer secondary spring. Cause once the wet clutch is engaged, you don't feel any difference. And since you're racing, I doubt you're ever going slow enough to have benefited from a machined sheave for a lower starting pulley ratio?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Went with the sport utility clutch kit. Great all around clutch kit. night and day over stock. Power always there.
Thanks. That was my first guess. I can't help but wonder if all of what you feel is just the lighter roller weights and stiffer secondary spring. Cause once the wet clutch is engaged, you don't feel any difference. And since you're racing, I doubt you're ever going slow enough to have benefited from a machined sheave for a lower starting pulley ratio?
Getting off the line. Lol! Those stall springs need to go though.

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
So there is no confusion Raptor90 and DRCKTM was merged into one account.

Nice setup. I'd pipe and cam it. Lose that bumper and front rack. Have a front/rear quick disconnect setup for the winch and keep it in the back. Move to front only as needed. Watch it fly then. Night and day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The clutch really helps me out in the tight stuff when you just want the power there. Stock I did not like the free wheel effect. Also great when you are flying through the woods and stuff this sucker into a corner locked up and just throttle it out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So there is no confusion Raptor90 and DRCKTM was merged into one account.

Nice setup. I'd pipe and cam it. Lose that bumper and front rack. Have a front/rear quick disconnect setup for the winch and keep it in the back. Move to front only as needed. Watch it fly then. Night and day.
Thanks. I switched to Tap Talk so it messed things up. I apologize. Thought about a pipe but my local riding area needs to be quiet. If I lose that area one day (housing eventually) Its time to play with the motor.

I did have the racks off of it at one point. The fenders are a little floppy could use brackets. Probably not bad if I trimmed the fenders up. But I always worry about resale value when I upgrade down the line and take it back to stock to sell or just keep for my son to trail ride.

I have the same bumper on my wifes 2017 Grizzly 700 and I was pushing a stock machine too hard and smacked a tree. The bumper bent, but saved the rest of the front end and the radiator. Radiator location worries me even with the stock small bumper. It really is an amazing beast for a utility based ATV. My Can-Am 1000xxc feels like a tank and the 1000 power wears you out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts