Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this group, I have a 2008 grizzly 660 that just loves my money. Here's what happened. I was riding at Busco beach atv park and my rear diff broke the welds that hold the diff in place. I got the diff fixed but ever since that day it makes a awful slipping noise, whenever I hit the throttle all the way, or climbing a hill. Pretty much whenever force is needed it makes a bad clicking noise and doesn't move. I'll try to post a video

Text me if you have time to watch a video, thanks so much 9106127986

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Dezz, Roegem, Ridgway? You are up to bat here,

A spline is possibly stripped somewhere, These guts will clear it up.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
If it stops moving completely when a load is applied, it's more than likely a stripped alpine on the rear coupler/driveshaft. But these very rarely click.
Clicking is almost always a bad CV joint.

When you put a load on it and it stops moving, look at both rear wheels. See if one is still moving. If so, you have a broken cv joint on the non-moving tire.

·
Premium Member
10,704 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I would put it in low gear and apply throttle with the rear brake on, to determine if the problem is behind or in front of the brake disc.
You may have broke one or both rear axles, or the ring gear or pinion gear, so eliminate these one at a time.
Also, if were hard on the gas to tear the diff out, you may have something wrong in the C.V.T. like the fixed sheave splines.
These are all guesses from my side of the screen.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Once you get this figured out, look at it doing the Grizzly 660 rear diff brace. It will prevent it from tearing it out of the frame again, or busting the diff case.

Ridgway above made a good point. You may have both CV joints broken. At least one cv joint almost always breaks when diff mounting tabs break off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts