Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Meh news-
I am now the owner of a Popo rzr 900s. This is for the wife and kids. Our kids are getting bigger and want to be able to offroad with us. My girl is now 4 and not quite ready for a machine. My boy is 7 and rides but doesn't yet have the endurance for all day riding.

The good news-
The rzr solves the above problems along with the major issue of not having to find a spot for our kids when we go on a trip. And the best news of all: more time on the Griz for me!!

And yes, I got the 4 year warranty along with the rzr. There's mixed emotions on this over on the rzr forum but I have friends who have had this pay off BIG time. That, and I took what Dr. Mud said about the warranty to heart. Thanks Doc.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Congrats on the new toy. They look like a ton of fun.

Are you having any problems with the ice storms down your way? Hope you're safe!

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the new toy. They look like a ton of fun.

Are you having any problems with the ice storms down your way? Hope you're safe!
Thank you. And yes. We have had issues with the ice storm. Our power went out last night. We headed down to the in-laws and just as we were pulling up, their's went out too. Other than that and people losing their minds and forgetting how to drive when a drop of precipitation hits the ground, all is well. Power came back on later last night so we headed back home and I got to sleep in my bed after all.

I hope all is well up your way!

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Congratulations on the new wheels, it's all about family, I'm trying to figure out how to get the grandchildren involved myself. Remember if it breaks you weren't driving it. Enjoy and take pics.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Congratulations

Still trying to sell those "other" ones for you

In on MO right now, hope it's better by the time I get to okc but I doubt it!

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,350 Posts

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Congratulations on the new wheels, it's all about family, I'm trying to figure out how to get the grandchildren involved myself. Remember if it breaks you weren't driving it. Enjoy and take pics.
I'll do it when I get to bring it home. With the weather here, I can't currently get my trailer out of my back yard without rutting it up.

She's a fairly tame driver/rider anyway but especially when the kids are riding. If it breaks, it won't be because she was trying to break any speed or jump records. lol

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not meh news.
Of course, you are right. I only say meh because it's a Polaris. I couldn't talk her into anything else. It will be great to have the whole okbear clan out on the trails.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats its going to be a blast putting you and the kids in the RZR.

The extended warranty was a great idea and Polaris is much better at honoring their extended warranty than Can Am who's warranty is a joke like their quality control.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should pick up the yxz four seater when it comes out and see how big you can make them smile!

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
If I was buying a new sxs today, it would be the Polaris 900 S. The width is perfect where I want to go. My wife reminded me tonight how much she liked being able to go with me sometimes in the Rzr.

Married, family.....good call.

Don't sell the Grizzly!

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I was buying a new sxs today, it would be the Polaris 900 S. The width is perfect where I want to go. My wife reminded me tonight how much she liked being able to go with me sometimes in the Rzr.

Married, family.....good call.

Don't sell the Grizzly!
Don't worry. The only way my Grizzly gets sold is if I can somehow swing a new(er) Grizzly. The RZR isn't a 4. Just a 2 seater. I have the center seat with the harness on its way from UTV Giant. My daughter will ride there and my son will ride shotgun.

I have quickly learned that with the increased size of the toy comes a large increase in the size of the mod bill!!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
So did you buy brand new?

Polaris isn't THAT bad, even though I talk a lot of * I'd ride one. Even if they were horrible, if that's what she wants and you talk her out of it, when she's not happy with it you'll never hear the end of it, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Oops, missed that. :)
HAHAHA!!! I missed that too!

PICS! PICS! PICS!

Congrats on the new machine okbear! I would like to get my wife into one of the single seat Ace machines. She's not really into the idea of off roading. Maybe someday.....

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So did you buy brand new?

Polaris isn't THAT bad, even though I talk a lot of * I'd ride one. Even if they were horrible, if that's what she wants and you talk her out of it, when she's not happy with it you'll never hear the end of it, lol.
Yes. New 2015. Black pearl. Pro armor stealth doors and Kolpin full folding windshield on the way. Probox top with stereo and front and rear lights installed at the dealer. Can't buy those online. Only other thing I need is the seismik rear or side view mirrors. Still waiting on the woman to decide...

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Lol, I knew you were looking but I didn't expect you to get new! I love new toys, brand new is even better. That's going to be good for you guys.

You buy it at country equipment by chance?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts