Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
wondering if anyone has any info on good trails to ride in Wisconsin in the winter. I know there are tails that are open, I have ridden Black river falls several times. I am specifically looking for recommendations for ATV only trails that do not follow only road ways or gravel service roads. I know Snowmobilers get pretty unhappy about mixed use trails. During this lovely Covid stuff would like to rent a cabin near a trial and go riding for a few days where we could stop back at cabin to warm up. Not crazy about the idea of bar hopping right now.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks
Joe

·
Premium Member
11,436 Posts
Not too many members from there, that ride A.T.V.'S in the winter.......

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Guess I'm one of the lucky few to rack up 300 - 400 miles threw the winter months.

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
Guess I'm one of the lucky few to rack up 300 - 400 miles threw the winter months.
I ride a lot of miles in the winter but not in Wisconsin. Yesterday I brought my machine up to the garage for a last minute look over.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not much in ATV only trials for winter use, but plenty of marked and groomed trails that are snomobile / atv combined in northern Marinette county. ATV use is welcomed when the temps are below 28 degrees. Now is a great time since there's not currently enough snow to ride snowmobiles on anyhow. Check out the Dunbar area (www.dungood.com). Excellent trails to the south and east with very little gravel road riding. FYI - there are some snowmobile only trails, but if you follow the ATV map and markings on the trail you'll be fine. Please be a good ambassador and don't ride in the areas that are marked no atv. You're right, it's a constant struggle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. I wasn't too hopeful as most people don't ride in winter. I sold my snowmobiles this year due to buying a house and Covid restrictions. Only toy I kept was the ATV as I am never going to be without one!! Being a snowmobiler who has ridden mixed use trails, I don't really like when we meet ATVers either. It just adds another level of danger to watch for. Two totally different types of riding and use of the trail.
Joe

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm one, right here.🙋‍♂️

Where you want to go is Harrison Hills. It is mostly combined snowmobile/ATV use, as is the case for most WI trails. These trails in Oneida and Langlade counties are well kept. You will need two to three days in the winter to cover the whole area. You are also a short drive from there to Perkinstown, which is a half day, beautiful ride.

·
Premium Member
11,436 Posts
I said that because it was 5 days he went without a reply, now he has a place to go.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, after the first few days I didn't think I would get a response. It seems to have picked up steam now! Lots of good suggestions. Now to find a cabin to stay at on a trail. May have to order some heated grips in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
11,436 Posts
Since this site changed with the last new owner and they messed with the site lay-out, some threads seem to get lost for days, then suddenly appear....like yours did.
I don't know shit about Wisconsin, I think they have a lot of milk cows there and sell some cheese, but remembered there are several members that claim there as home so would be along in time...so bumped the thread for other to find.
Don't give up on us, and we like pictures.
Heated grips are great, and I use grip mitts to make them better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts