Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else getting tired of looking at your grizzly and yearn to get out in the woods but don’t have time due to work? I have a 5 day trip planned in two weeks and can’t wait!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yup, work and weather. Here we have mud where there should be snow in the coastal/southern areas, and lots of snow in the north, no atv trails are open, and now predicting 8 to 14 inches of snow on Thursday. We won't be doing any real trail riding until mid May at the soonest. I'm lucky that I get to ride out my own woods trails to feed the deer in the winter.

Reactions: jesus_is_lord

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've got the itch bad but no time to make a get-away out of it. My only real Winter riding here is on the frozen lakes - that gets old after about an hour. I did take my son out in the Wolverine one day. We found a plowed ice race track from the moto guys. That was the most fun I've had on the lake in years! Driftin' baby! I wish I had set up the GoPro for that one.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Finally got my bear out of hibernation this past weekend and loved every muddy minute of it. We have had the 3rd wettest February in history and the mud was a blast.

·
Premium Member
2007 grizz 660 camo sold 2019 honda passport 2001 breeze 125
3,489 Posts
I started it an blew a few cookies a few weeks ago thats all i did i have the itch bad but snow next 2 days so there goes that idea

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One thing I don’t miss about living in Alaska is. Ring snowed in! Can ride all year round here in Texas. Counting down the days until I let the grizzly bear loose

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
One thing I don’t miss about living in Alaska is. Ring snowed in! Can ride all year round here in Texas. Counting down the days until I let the grizzly bear loose
Yup, pretty major change average weather moving from AK to TX!!!!! I've been to AK in the summer, fall and winter. The closest I've been to Texas is Nevada once, similar to a lot of Texas I would imagine. Pretty warm and dry, even in October. It rains all the time here but we grow lots of trees!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'm very lucky for this. The trailing system starts about 100 feet from my backyard. I regularly ride my quad or snowmobile whenever I want. Often inbetween my 12hrs night or day shifts for the few hours I have between, my periods of sleep.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
I constantly have the itch to ride. I have it from the time I get to ride to the next time I get to ride. Constantly. This makes me wonder how long of a trip I’d have to go on before I said I just wasn’t riding that day. We used to do two week lake trips and about a week or so in, we’d take a break from going out on the lake for a day or two. I wonder how long it would take for the same to happen on a riding trip.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm very lucky for this. The trailing system starts about 100 feet from my backyard. I regularly ride my quad or snowmobile whenever I want.

Me too!!!!!!!!!!! The groomed trail is about 250' from the yard, in my case. The Doc. put me off so I get to ride ANYTIME!!, my only limiting factor is called.................................wifey! But I'm lucky she has yet to object to my riding habits, she probably sees how much I love riding, instead of complaining she just hops on and goes with me!

I too ALWAYS have the itch to ride. It still looks like winter here BUT I run Commander XTR tracks (4 seasons) so I wheel all year!!....................................O.K. gotta ride!!>:):nerd:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I purchased a new 2018 Grizzly 700 LE last fall and only had time to put 50 or so miles on it, so yeah I am ready to ride! However, it's going to be another month or so.

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly
411 Posts
I got the big itch last year in June to be the first to a great fishing lake for ice off (sorry the photo is sideways) but 11 miles of increasing snow depth put a damper to that trip, went again a few weeks later and same result so I trailered another 30 miles and got the trailhead of a pretty nice place full of Lakers, hiking over steep snowfields was rather iffy in a few places. The upside was a nice camp for several days.

While I know better, will probably give it a go again this year.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts