Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Kodiak 700 and I recently put a shim mod on and later put lighter clutch weights and a different drive belt when I pulled the primary off the second time to put in the weights I noticed that all the grease was gone and it was slung all in the outer clutch cover. Before putting it back together I put new grease inside it and put it all back together. It's running fine I haven't noticed any changes in noise or anything but would anyone have any idea how that grease could have come out of the primary clutch? I haven't pulled it off a third time to see if it has done it again yet. Thanks.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Welcome to GC. I had a '10 that slung some grease out. The gasket for the cover was either improperly installed at the factory or by the last person who was in there. My bet was from the factory as it didn't appear the clutch case had been opened before. Not a huge deal either way. Some members run the primary dry. Most run it with very little grease. By very little, I mean a teaspoon per roller channel. The factory puts a ton of grease in there! If it hasn't done it again, I wouldn't sweat it.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
This thread was a triplicate so am closing this one to keep all valid info on the single thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.