Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.....

As some know, I just bought my first Grizzly. Used and a little old at being a 2007 700 Hunter model, but in pretty good shape.

I am ripping everything apart and changing all fluids and took off the primary for the belt and inspecting the weights and came across old posts talking about greaseless weights. All of the posts I found are old and doesn't seemed to be talked about anymore.

I am getting a new primary after breaking one of the fins off trying to get the nut off, are greaseless weights the way to go? Would assume now would be the time to switch if so.

Did Yamaha go greaseless in new models of the Grizzly and that is why it isn't talked about now or are all of the greaseless options junk?

Is Hunterworks the best brand? Looks like for a 700, you need the weights and the sliders. Not sure of the weight I would need though. But I don't even see the Grizzly as an option anymore on the site?

Hoping someone can shed some light on this!

·
Premium Member
10,646 Posts
Get a new movable primary sheave from Arnie, COOP45, and have him machine it before sending it to you.
I say stick with stock weights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts