Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new here! still lost on navigating this site haha. Anyways i picked up a 2007 grizzly 700 a couple weeks ago my first grizzly since a 660 i had in high school, and i got a pretty good deal on it, has eps and is in good shape but had some minor cosmetic issues that i wanted to fix to get it more to my liking. i replaced the seat and handle bar cover because both were in rough shape, and now i wanna replace most the decals and graphics because they are either torn or half missing. when i went to take the tank graphics off i noticed the green under the sticker is way brighter then the rest of the body, and i wanted to go with newer style tank stickers to make it look better since the 07 ones are pretty lame. now i feel like i can't cause i need the exact same shaped sticker to cover the area since its such a different color, any thing i could do or put on it that might bright some color back or atlas less noticeable?

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Welcome to GC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the idea of back to black sounds like a good one, maybe thats what the previous owner used detailing it before i bought it and that would help me match it, because the whole machine had that kinda slippery film on it so i know the thing was showered it some sort of polish or spray before i got my hands on it haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, if you don't wipe it off thoroughly it leaves a nasty film on it, I usually go through two microfiber towels to get it all off when I detail my bike in the spring, it still attracts dust more than normal, but I don't often ride in dusty conditions so that isn't a problem for me, however that could be different for you, just something to note. I've also heard of people using a heatgun to bring out the colour in faded plastics, haven't tried it myself but it's something you could look into.

·
Registered
120 Posts
After I wash, spraynine and rinse, I use Armor all tire foam. I let it sit on for about 5 minutes then rub it in. It brings my ATV back to looking newish.

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
There are videos of delicately and carefully using a heat gun to restore the shine. I tried it, it does work but you must be very careful.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Hi all new here! still lost on navigating this site haha. Anyways i picked up a 2007 grizzly 700 a couple weeks ago my first grizzly since a 660 i had in high school, and i got a pretty good deal on it, has eps and is in good shape but had some minor cosmetic issues that i wanted to fix to get it more to my liking. i replaced the seat and handle bar cover because both were in rough shape, and now i wanna replace most the decals and graphics because they are either torn or half missing. when i went to take the tank graphics off i noticed the green under the sticker is way brighter then the rest of the body, and i wanted to go with newer style tank stickers to make it look better since the 07 ones are pretty lame. now i feel like i can't cause i need the exact same shaped sticker to cover the area since its such a different color, any thing i could do or put on it that might bright some color back or atlas less noticeable?
Welcome to GC from Maine. My green '08 is faded some too, more in some areas, less in others. I decided that since it is an off road machine, it's going to get some scratches and dings, so I don't get too worked up over it. However, when I do some tweaking and tuning on it, or I'm just cleaning it up after a ride, I like it to look nice at least for awhile. A good wash and dry, then a coat of SC-1 makes it look awesome for awhile. There are lots of different name products that do about the same thing. I think if you search for the thread "detailing plastics" you will find tons of info and opinions. Have fun!

Reactions: jvictory1974

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Welcome to GC and good luck on bringing back the plastics , I use SC1 to make mine look new again but it will only do so much depending on how bad of shape they are in. There are lots of good info out there on restoring the plastics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts