Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the aftermarket accessories being installed on these machines, has anyone run into a problem with the charging system not being able to handle the load?

As I continue to add accessories, I'm getting a little worried about how much draw the battery and charging system can handle. Between the winch, rock lights, hand warmers, GPS, phone charging and coming soon light bars and/or cube lights I'm not sure what the charging systems on these machines can take at any one time...does anyone know when too much is too much?

Is there an aftermarket battery or stator (assuming that's what these use) that increases the capacity or output to handle all the electronic gizmos being installed?

I always use the winch with the motor running as it is the highest amp draw device I have. I will also only be running the LED's, hand warmers and stuff with it running..I just don't want to be drawing more than the charging system can put back if that makes any sense?

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Running what you listed, you'll have no issue. The winch is not a constant draw, so it really doesn't matter. You should always turn everything off when operating the winch anyway, to give it maximum power.

Keep your light bar to around 100 watts or under, and you'll have no issue running it with your heated grips at the same time. Your GPS and phone charger don't draw enough to matter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts