Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently having some fuel issues with my 07 Grizzly 350. Doing some trail building(making trails thru weeds and briars) at the hunting camp. First issue that showed up was my gas tank is doing an awful lot of venting and what appears is the gasoline boiling when the cap is removed. This is with a well warm bike. Even when you remove the cap you can feel the pressure built up in the tank. Got so bad at one point it was actually forcing fuel into the bike and flooding it out and sending thru vents. I would have to turn fuel off and run until it runs out of fuel and then slightly open fuel then immediately close it to go further down trail just to get back to truck. I do have a breather cap on my tank vent line. It appears it is working and well as the gas cap as well. I did remove breather cap on the tank vent line. This was all on Premium Gasoline. I wanted to put a tank of better grade gasoline in it but normally use non-ethanol added regular.

Second issue appears I may have sucked a piece of trash into the carb thru the upper vent line close to the carb filter. Bike won't idle. Keeps killing...

Todd

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Currently having some fuel issues with my 07 Grizzly 350. Doing some trail building(making trails thru weeds and briars) at the hunting camp. First issue that showed up was my gas tank is doing an awful lot of venting and what appears is the gasoline boiling when the cap is removed. This is with a well warm bike. Even when you remove the cap you can feel the pressure built up in the tank. Got so bad at one point it was actually forcing fuel into the bike and flooding it out and sending thru vents. I would have to turn fuel off and run until it runs out of fuel and then slightly open fuel then immediately close it to go further down trail just to get back to truck. I do have a breather cap on my tank vent line. It appears it is working and well as the gas cap as well. I did remove breather cap on the tank vent line. This was all on Premium Gasoline. I wanted to put a tank of better grade gasoline in it but normally use non-ethanol added regular.

Second issue appears I may have sucked a piece of trash into the carb thru the upper vent line close to the carb filter. Bike won't idle. Keeps killing...

Todd
WoW nothing?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well spent the day yesterday working on my bike issues. Pulled carb and took apart. Absolutely zero water and debris in bowl. Cleaned up everything, flushed out all passages and reassembled. Reinstalled, started and adjusted carb. Still had a stumbling issue and a semi backfire issue when accelerating and deaccelerating. Neighbor suggested I change the spark plug since he hand another bike with similar symptoms. Ran to Yamaha store for air filter, oil filter, oil and plug. Changed oil, filter and plug. Bike now running perfect. Will put bike to the works again this weekend(weather permitting) and see what happens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts