Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to take the Atv for a ride. Turned the key on and nothing happening. First thought was battery was dead. Pull the cowling to expose the battery and found all my wires chewed in half. Apparently a mouse/rat decided to have lunch w a copper taste. What’s my best option, buy a new harness or find a used one. It’s a 2013 model. Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
A photo will let us know the extent of the damage then you can be advised on your best fix, putting in a new harness is a big job & may not be required, normally you can solder in wire to fix where the creatures have chewed thru.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will get pics up soon. Wires were eaten next to the connections just behind the battery towards the back of bike. Also some others were chewed and missing a few inches. Others were chewed to the wire.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
That looks horrible sorry bout your luck on that. That is a lot of repairing a used harness might be your best option. Someone else might know but the 700 harness might be the same as the 550.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top