Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2000 600 for a very good price with what I found out has a bad pickup coil. Open loop on the meeter when I tested it. I was just wondering what to expect when I do this job and once i get this bad girl running. What are the best upgrades you have made to your 600? I have a set of mud lite from my big bear I'm planning on putting on after I get it running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Easy job to do. Pull the stator cover and the Pulse Coil is in that cover. I've never replace the complete wires when I do them. I have always just cut the wires at the coil and soldered sleeved them right there. Makes it easier than pulling the wires through that grommet and possibly tearing it.

The 600's run hot. Real hot. Just the nature of the beast. Keep the oil cooler clean and fan working.

Do some easy and cheap clutch mods and they perform great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like something got stuck in my oil cooler. Part of it is bent but it doesn't appear to be leaking. Has anyone replaced the oil cooler before? What is involved in the job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
If it's not leaking, don't bother replacing it.

But if you want to, it's easy. It's literally just a bolt on part. Drain engine oil, remove the fan from the cooler. Unbolt the oil coolers hoses and remove them. Unbolt the cooler and remove.
Reverse everything for installation. Refill engine oil.

It's in your best interest to download a service manual if your working on this bike. They can be had for about $10 from tradebit.com.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts