Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Grizzly 600
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get replacement shoes for my wet clutch? I read several posts about a forum user that used to make or sell them by the name of Walt. I messaged him but never got a reply back, and looking at his post history it seems to have been quite a long time since he was active here.
If anyone can provide some contact information that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,892 Posts
Walt hasn't been around in a while. I don't believe he is still producing the WC blocks. OEM is best choice. There are some Chinese blocks out there.

·
Registered
2000 Grizzly 600
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Walt hasn't been around in a while. I don't believe he is still producing the WC blocks. OEM is best choice. There are some Chinese blocks out there.
Yeh I see chinesium kits everywhere. It’s too bad that neither yamaha or aftermarket sell the the shoes separately.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Rocky Mountain ATV has 2 wet clutches in stock, $297.12, might be your best bet. Partshark is not even listing it, parts for the older machines are being phased out.

Reactions: GordB

·
Registered
46 Posts
Always check Partzilla that’s where I seem to have the best luck,, and always cough up the money to go OEM, slap me for saying this but I’ve always run Yamalube and never had much issues with wet clutches.. I’m by no means starting an oil debate hahaha just sharing my experiences that’s all.
No matter what be safe and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2000 Grizzly 600
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Partzilla had two left in stock so I snapped one up. I have an order placed with RonAyers but they won’t get any in stock for some time. Shipping to Canada from so many places is gonna add up fast. Wish we had better parts pricing and availability up here. I can only imagine what it will be like to find a vendor who sells yamalube and what they’ll want for it. Rotella T6 at Chinatire or even AmsOil looks appealing at this point. Should I get the traditional 10w-40 or go to 20w-40. I heard that the 20w isn’t too bad since it’s an air cooled engine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good call on Partzilla grab, Ron Ayer’s is a great parts place too, only place I can find my Honda jet ski parts, anyways. Shipping fees suck and so do taxes hahaha wish we didn’t have to pay either 😎 If looking at Amsoil or equivalent you should be able to find and spring for Yamalube (last 4 quart jug I got of Yamalube was 30$ bucks with free shipping on eBay) if you can find it that’s what I would go with for sure. I also only run the 10w40 it offers better flow and lubrication along all the temps and variations, from extreme cold to extreme hot 10w40 is fine and never let me down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts