Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 grizzly 660 with a bent front axle. I see there are left and right front axles for it. If I am sitting on the wheeler it is on the right front. Standing in front of wheeler it's the left front. What way do I figure out if it's the left or right that I order? I am looking at replacing with OEM, are there any aftermarket axles that are better? Or just as good?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
All locations are from sitting on the ATV.

Do not replace it with OEM axles. Way over-priced. Lots more axles out there for far less that are just as good, or even better.

For a way better axle, much stronger than stock for way less money, look into Niche Heavy Duty Axles. Available on eBay.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All locations are from sitting on the ATV.

Do not replace it with OEM axles. Way over-priced. Lots more axles out there for far less that are just as good, or even better.

For a way better axle, much stronger than stock for way less money, look into Niche Heavy Duty Axles. Available on eBay.
Great, thanks dezz

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have a Niche right front axle for the 660 I'm installing this weekend. I guess I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention when I ordered it but I ordered it but I have the correct one. Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the R and L axles?

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
I have a Niche right front axle for the 660 I'm installing this weekend. I guess I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention when I ordered it but I ordered it but I have the correct one. Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the R and L axles?
On the 660, the front axle inner cv joint shafts are different from left to right. This is due to the locker design on the 660 front differential.

Reactions: MNDirtRider

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the 660, the front axle inner cv joint shafts are different from left to right. This is due to the locker design on the 660 front differential.
Ordered niche front right today.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
OK....this is a High-Jacking, nobody move!

I had never thought of this left or right discussion, so after laughing I got to wondering about my truck....
If I am sitting behind the steering wheel thingy, the passenger door is on the right? and if I am standing in front of the truck looking at the grill it is on the left? that is if the steering thingy is on the right when I'm standing out side? and so everything is backwards if the steering thingy is on the other side? correct?
I guess this is why the Grizz steering thingy is in the middle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is an older post but the axles are the same part number left and right so not sure how there could be any difference between the two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts