Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Bike was showing code 12 and was making a really bad noise when running almost like a bad bearing or even a metel to metel rubbing noiSe . Took my stator cover off and lots of shavings some very small prices of shinny metel but lots of grey shaving which almost made a paste( case I'm guessing) , my cps is looking like it was making more contact with the one way then neccesary as the small metel tip is wore right down to the black sensor casing. Is this a sign of a bad crank or top end

put another stator and sensor in I had lying around and now the bike seems to start up and run but still the bad rubbing noise and will randomly stall and after the stall starter will have a hard time cranking the bike over. Any help on what to check next would be great

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Oneway bearing is on the other side behind the primary sheave.
Did you replace it? Did you install it inside out?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had that all apart all looked like new, gonna check my timing chain next see if I see anything, it looking like I'm gonna have to take the top end apart.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after inspection I found what I'm guessing is bad crank bearings allowing play or wobble in the crank causing the contact with the cps as well it caused my pistion and cylinder to be wore in the 12 and 6 position, front of machine being 12 and back of machine being 6

The rubbing noise was the top end contact caused by bottom end wobble

Full rebuild I guess

1 - 4 of 4 Posts