Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2007 Grizzly 700 and was changing antifreeze today. And now the crappy part, on the right side of the engine there is a 3'' diameter plastic tube that goes from the engine case and terminates up close to the base of the handle bars. Well I had this piece off and that exposes about a 3'' round hole on the right engine case. So I'm bleeding the air up at the thermostat and drop the small bleeding screw. I didn't hear a metallic sound like the screw fell into this hole but I cant find the screw in the grass below the quad and I've looked all over the plastic shield. So if this screw did fall into this hole in the engine case, is there something that might be hurt by the screw. Screw might be 3/4'' long and 6mm in diameter. Hard to see down into the hole but as much as I have been able to see, I cant see the screw. So whats inside this hole in the case. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
That's the c.v.t. breather inlet......remove the c.v.t. cover to get at the screw if its in there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the c.v.t. breather inlet......remove the c.v.t. cover to get at the screw if its in there.
Tks for the reply. So that cover will be the oblong side case that covers the rt side of the engine case, right? Tks. PS. Do I need a gasket to replace this side case?

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
By your 3" hole description I think its the c.v.t. inlet by the location you mentioned, this is where pictures help us help you best.
The cover gasket is tough and usable many times without replacement. I've had mine off many dozens of times without damage or replacement.

Reactions: Rinspeed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By your 3" hole description I think its the c.v.t. inlet by the location you mentioned, this is where pictures help us help you best.
The cover gasket is tough and usable many times without replacement. I've had mine off many dozens of times without damage or replacement.
Tks, I guess a few pics would have helped with this problem. Never had that sidecover off so I guess tomorrow Ilearn something new. Tks again and will remember pics the next time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the hole I was referring to. It’s closer to the cylinder than the other hole. Does this also go into the clutch area? Tks.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
The right side c.v.t. housing is two pieces, one bolted to the crank case and the other the outer cover. The holes to the right and left of your hand are the intake and exhaust ports, the front lets cool air in and the left is to exhaust heated air. There are cooling fins on the fixed and movable sheaves to help move air through the system cover. Both tubes have openings high on the machine to provide deeper water riding without water getting the belt wet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The right side c.v.t. housing is two pieces, one bolted to the crank case and the other the outer cover. The holes to the right and left of your hand are the intake and exhaust ports, the front lets cool air in and the left is to exhaust heated air. There are cooling fins on the fixed and movable sheaves to help move air through the system cover. Both tubes have openings high on the machine to provide deeper water riding without water getting the belt wet.
Thanks. Just trying to see what everything is for. Watched a bunch of Partzillas YouTubes last night and learned a lot from those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts