Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have 2007 grizzly 700 with 12000km on it about engine 570hours. And lately i noticed that it became low on power and backfires more often. If you quickly apply throttle it bogs a little bit and then it goes again. Also there is issue that it wont go higher then 90km/h even with brand new belt and clurch rollers and rev limiter kicks on even before the thumb throttle hits the stop. But the mainų concern is it being low on power on Mid Range. What things would you suggest to check for it?
Thank you all,
Lukas

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
Have you checked the valve lash?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i checked valves and they were in spec.

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
It sounds like it needs a full service, tune-up, fresh gas and a little injector cleaner. Or that's what I would do.
Did you use an angled feeler gauge for the lash? or a straight blade?

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
624 Posts
Since you just did service to the Primary I would check to make sure one or more of the roller weights hasn’t popped out of its channel. That’s what you’re symptom sounds like. What size weights did you go with? Heavier?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like it needs a full service, tune-up, fresh gas and a little injector cleaner. Or that's what I would do.
Did you use an angled feeler gauge for the lash? or a straight blade?
Ill try the injector cleaner maybe it will help because it seems that it runs pretty lean, and sometimes you can see exhaust glowing red. And i used straight Blade but from what i seen it was showing everything in spec.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since you just did service to the Primary I would check to make sure one or more of the roller weights hasn’t popped out of its channel. That’s what you’re symptom sounds like. What size weights did you go with? Heavier?
When installing clutch i checked everything was good but the speed and sheave movement was same before and after changeing the belt and rollers

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
I used a straight blade at first, but had trouble sometimes and had to redo the work.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used a straight blade at first, but had trouble sometimes and had to redo the work.
Well ill try to look the valve clearance again, but also try to use injector, because i have no other ideas what can cause this

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
624 Posts
When installing clutch i checked everything was good but the speed and sheave movement was same before and after changeing the belt and rollers
Ok. I know it’s easy for them to move because I did it and could have swore nothing moved out of place but low end and mid range sucked because of it. Now I use 3 pieces of garden hose wedged between the cam plate and grease cover until I have the shaft nut torqued down

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
I suggest setting the lash to the wide side of the range, and injector cleaner never hurts the engine, but it can the hose.
I treat what I can run out on a long day ride, then top off the tank and run the engine to burn treated gas and fill the line with mostly gas only.
And if the plug looks fouled, a new one will help.

Reactions: KodiakAfishyo

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
Ok. I know it’s easy for them to move because I did it and could have swore nothing moved out of place but low end and mid range sucked because of it. Now I use 3 pieces of garden hose wedged between the cam plate and grease cover until I have the shaft nut torqued down
A way to know if the weights are in correctly after the nut is tight, is to count the ratio. If a weight is out, the ratio will be way off.

Reactions: KodiakAfishyo

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okey thank you for your tips ill try to look into everything and hope for the best

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What could be symptoms of bad TPS?
Because i noticed when i apply throttle quickly it bogs and backfires and then goes again? Or if i hold rev limiter it starts shooting flames

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I changed the plug today and still same problem

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,736 Posts
I'm not certain because of the way you are describing the low power and back-firing but by chance, does your R light flash when you lose power? That happened on my 07 Grizzly 700 and it was the Neutral Assy Switch (some refer to it as the Reverse Sensor) that had fouled and had to be replaced.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts