Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am aware of the reverse switch issue and its not problem. I tried bypassing the switch but not difference

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No the reverse Light doesnt flash i have tried bypassing the switch no difference

·
Premium Member
11,183 Posts
I'm not sure the rev limiter is kicking in, you might have a weak fuel pump. Maybe the screen is blocked by trash in the tank, slowing the fuel flow when the engine needs more gas.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I made video showing how it reacts if i hold throttle and it starts shooting flames

·
Premium Member
8,126 Posts
Have you checked the rubber throttle body connectors. Could be sucking extra air.
A dirty or broken 4wd connector on the front diff has been known to cause a machine to hit the rev limiters.

·
Premium Member
11,183 Posts
You have a valve leak for fire to get past, and out the tail pipe. If the fly wheel key was sheared it wouldn't run as the crank shaft sensor would be off.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
4wd or diff lock works fine i dont suspect it to be broken. And the rubber boot on throttle body and air box looks fine

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What can cause valve leak so valve is being not fully closed or too tight?

·
Premium Member
11,183 Posts
Wrong valve lash, or worn parts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hello,
So i Checked all the valves are in spec. Still same problem and i noticed now since its cold weather here when i start the engine it like backfires Into airbox and stalls the engine. Now im really confused what is going on...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Į also noticed its running really rich what can be causing this

·
Premium Member
8,126 Posts
Į also noticed its running really rich what can be causing this
Do you have a factory service manual? You can find one a GC member and sponsor @oleblue22 website www.501parts.com.

Look under Electrical, Fuel injection. The 2007 can use the Diagnostic mode to diag some fuel injection related sensors.
A bad air temperature and/or air pressure sensors can cause the quad to run rich.

Also consider checking the valve timing.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts