Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was posting to see if maybe someone could help me or maybe has had these issues . I have a 2015 grizzly 700 special edition and one problem that I just started having not long ago is my four-wheel drive it will flash on and off on my screen you can hear it like when you push the button in it makes that noise off and on like it's trying to go in to four-wheel drive on its own but never does that's the one problem . The second problem that I have had its only happened twice and both times were in the snow rode for quite some type and then I had to stop riding because if I am going and hold the gas in it feels like the four-wheeler is cutting out and then it doesn't wanna go over a certain speed and just acts like its going to cut out . I can let it sit for a little while and then it will run fine I have looked online and some other things called once place and they said it was going into limp mode but wasn't sure if anyone else has had that problem.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/grizzly-engine-transmission/89465-2016-recall-4-wheel-drive-switch-2.html#post996058

Check that post. There should be a recall on the 4x4 switch but if not, the post is actually a forum vendor and has cleaning instructions on his website for how to clean the switch too.

As per the other issue, I would want others to chime in on that. I had to change the Neutral Assembly Switch on my 2007 700 but would be surprised if that was the same issue for you. I would get the 4x4 switch problem resolved and then moved forward from there.

Oh, and welcome to GC.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
RedRocket has pointed you in the right direction.
You have a bad 4wd selector switch. Cleaning the switches contacts usually fixes it, but I also believe 2015 models are under the recall, so you should get a new switch for free.

The engine is sputtering because of the 4wd switch. The engine is hitting a rev limiter because the machine doesn't know what's mode it's in (2wd, 4wd, diff lock).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts