Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 08 grizzly 700 efi,eps recently was riding all day and we cut it off and the end of the day. Let it sit for maybe 10 minutes and it wouldn’t start. We jumped it off to load it on the trailer and got it home. Had to jump it off again to unload and put it in the garage. Did some testing and found the stator was bad. I replaced it with a rmstator and very thing seemed to be fine. Took it out riding this weekend and it would bog down when you slammed on the throttle. If you take it easy on the throttle it had no problems. It also seems to be rich or something as well cause you can smell a fuel smell. I have not had time to look at it yet since we returned. My wife also said that it cutoff twice when she stop but would fire right back up when she started it. Any advise on where to start would be much appreciated we didn’t have this issue before the stator replacement. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I would start with a new plug, and look into checking the valve lash and adjust if needed.

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
I have 08 grizzly 700 efi,eps recently was riding all day and we cut it off and the end of the day. Let it sit for maybe 10 minutes and it wouldn’t start. We jumped it off to load it on the trailer and got it home. Had to jump it off again to unload and put it in the garage. Did some testing and found the stator was bad. I replaced it with a rmstator and very thing seemed to be fine. Took it out riding this weekend and it would bog down when you slammed on the throttle. If you take it easy on the throttle it had no problems. It also seems to be rich or something as well cause you can smell a fuel smell. I have not had time to look at it yet since we returned. My wife also said that it cutoff twice when she stop but would fire right back up when she started it. Any advise on where to start would be much appreciated we didn’t have this issue before the stator replacement. Thanks
Check that the battery cables are clean and tight. Consider having the battery load tested. If the voltage drops to low the ejector will close. These machine need a good strong battery to run best.

FYI 2008's have an issue with burning up the stator. There is an updated crankcase cover and oil line kit available to help fix the issue. It seems that running 2 extra ounces of oil helps also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Story for such a late reply I haven’t had a chance due to my work load at the present time to check the emails or look at the grizzly again. It will be several days before I can mess with it again. I did see the crankcase upgrade with the oil line. i just opted to run the extra 2oz of oil at this time cause I have another four wheeler I’m currently fixing up for my kids that was given to us. I find it odd that everything was fine till the stator went out. The grizzly will run full throttle if your easy on the throttle and get it there. But if you romp down on it that’s seems be be when it hesitates. You can easy off of it and the slowly keeping pushing to full throttle and will does fine. the spark plug boot seems loose on the top as well. I’m going to change the plug and more than likely the boot. We pulled the boot off before this started and it clicked back down on the plug but seems looser than it was. We likely to play around a bit so I do like to be able to romp down it from time to time any more suggestions thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts