Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I will be buying a new Grizzly 700 EPS this weekend and have it narrowed to White and Blue. Will the white have any stain issues? Will the Blue fade or show scratches real bad? I like both colors but not sure which will be more of a headache. I also wash after every ride and keep my bikes garaged. Either way I am looking forward to the upgrade from a 2002 Honda Rancher!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I'd go for blue. Just like that colour more and fade shouldn't be a problem if you store it out of the sun and elements.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My Grizz is blue. When I bought it I was hesitant between blue or camo. The wife suggested if I was to buy a Yammie it had to be blue......lol! I wash my wheeler often and it NEVER sleeps outside it is always stored in a garage............even at the deer camp! The blue is fine where scratches are concerned but I bent the fenders on the left side (opposite the gas cap) so I have white stress marks that are corrected with a heat-gun but ALWAYS reappear in a few days and out comes the gun again!.................................I've owned camo before, just not a Yammie, and the camo I owned either "camoed" stress marks really well or just did not stress. So if I had a do-over Camo would win!!!LOL!

Just my 2cents !!

Reactions: Grizzly63

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you are saying White over Blue? :wink2:

My Grizz is blue. When I bought it I was hesitant between blue or camo. The wife suggested if I was to buy a Yammie it had to be blue......lol! I wash my wheeler often and it NEVER sleeps outside it is always stored in a garage............even at the deer camp! The blue is fine where scratches are concerned but I bent the fenders on the left side (opposite the gas cap) so I have white stress marks that are corrected with a heat-gun but ALWAYS reappear in a few days and out comes the gun again!.................................I've owned camo before, just not a Yammie, and the camo I owned either "camoed" stress marks really well or just did not stress. So if I had a do-over Camo would win!!!LOL!

Just my 2cents !!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would do blue. I've owned a couple quads that had white plastic and when they get scratches, the dirt likes to make its way in there and it takes a lot of work to get it out sometimes

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
White for sure.. WAY too many blue Yamaha's with white stress marks out there.. EVERY one Ive ever seen thats not brand new, has the white lines. That said... I do like the blue color, I just feel it does not stand up..

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Yup white! Doesn't show the sun fade/discoloration as easily as blue.

Reactions: Madkawi750

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly 700
144 Posts
I had a blue Raptor and now I have a green Grizzly because I could only choose red, blue and green. I really like the white one, a pity it wasn't available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
As much as I love the look of Yamaha blue, I'd never get that colour if buying a new bike.
I hate it when it turns white when it's creased or bent. It'll make a extremely clean, we'll maintained bike look like a hard ridden bike.

Reactions: Madkawi750

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I prefer red but have 2 blue ones! LOL my sons Honda recon is white, and while the white looks good when it's new. Every scuff in the plastic holds dirt. I'll never own another white one, I'll take the white streaks in my blue plastic over a clean white atv that still looks dirty.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think I'm going to use the mr clean white erasers to clean mine should work very well on the white plastics just a thought.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Well I just signed papers for a new 2017 Grizzly EPS White. Paid $ 8,999 OTD (no setup fee!)
Great! I was gonna say white. Congrats!!

Blue= always a good choice
Red= Honda
Green= Too fast. Haha.
Camo= Yes, please. Just enough green to be fast enough.
White= If I was buying new, that'd be it.
Silver= Very sharp
Black= Ditto on silver

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Well I just signed papers for a new 2017 Grizzly EPS White. Paid $ 8,999 OTD (no setup fee!)
Great deal....I have a blue one but really love the looks of the white one with black wheels

·
Registered
52 Posts
White is a great color.

I got stuck with too fast green.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts