Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have bought a diagnostic tool from aliexpress and would like to test it with my grizzly 700. But cannot find the right connector/socket...does anyone knows where it is located?

Regards,
Rando

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Your out of luck. The grizzly has sensor controlled diagnostic mode in the pod. Not the same as a car.

·
Premium Member
7,915 Posts
randogrizz..
2016 and newer do have a port.
Got a service manual?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
?

Thanks. So are you saying that there cannot be any external diagnostic tool connected? Sure?

reogem - I have manual, but cannot find anything from there...

·
Premium Member
7,915 Posts
Thanks. So are you saying that there cannot be any external diagnostic tool connected? Sure?

reogem - I have manual, but cannot find anything from there...
Use of the tool starts on page 9-32 in my 2016 manual.

I see those diag tools that Yamaha use to sell for $400-500 can be found for $75-80.
There seems to be info online about attaching them to machines without a factory port.

What machine do you have?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 2007 Grizzly 700. It has on board diagnostic, but I cant believe external diagnostic tools cannot be connected. Or it realy is so?

·
Premium Member
7,915 Posts
On the 07 you can do the
pod-mod

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
You can not connect a car diagnostic machine to a grizzly or wolverine or any yamaha product of any sort or year. Yamaha has a diagnostic tool which is basically the same as using diagnostic mode on the pod. The only difference is it can be connected to machines without a pod like the dirt bikes. It also has a USB connection to go to a computer to see live sensor values and running information. The diagnostic tool can be purchased for fairly cheap but doesn't offer much unless you can obtain the computer program which I have never seen

·
Premium Member
7,915 Posts
I didn't see any reference to an automotive scanner. Here is the Yamaha tool I thought the OP was referring to. I also saw this tool listed for sale by usa companies.
2016 and newer do have a port located below the pod to fit the connector in the picture. I've seen videos of this tool being connected without the connector. Since the tool has been available since 2007-8 I assume that it is possible to connect it to the 07-15 FI's There are more adjustments available than on the pod especially after 2011-12 when the pod mod was disabled.
scanner-for-yamaha-diagnostic

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reogem - the diagnostic scanner you reffered is almost the same I have, but still the question how to connect. Cannot find any suitable plug.

·
Registered
16 Posts
did that scanner from aliExpress work? has anyone used a scanner on a 2016-2020? how much does it do?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts